Don (Sandy) Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don (Sandy) Ross

I am sad to report that Don (Sandy) Ross of Mississauga, Ontario has passed away on the 25th of January, 2021. He was very instrumental in getting the Ontario Chapter SDC its charter in 1972 and was a longtime SDC Member. He was the SDC Regional Director back then while also organizing events (Tourmaster) for the Ontario Chapter. You could quite often find him driving his 1964 Daytona Convertible while attending many SDC events in Ontario over the past 5 decades. He will be sadly missed by all that knew him

My condolences to his family and friends on behalf of the Nutmeg Chapter.
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

l always enjoyed Studebaker times with Sandy. A pleasure to be around - and interesting. Miss him already.
      Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
      61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
      Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
      Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

A great friend sadly missed. I spoke to him in early January, just to say hi, probably a week or so before he departed.

Sandy and I go back to 1990 when I first met him at the Massechusetts International meet on my way up to Toronto to live, on what would become a 3.5 year working holiday.

From my days living in Toronto, Sandy and I had a great time together. I was often fixing my Packard Hawk of 63 R2 Avanti on his driveway. To be honest, without his help and advice over that time, running a Studebaker would have been very difficult for me.

Every time I have been back in Toronto, Sandy and I would catch up. His knowledge of Canadian Studebakers was excellent. Since we both had a good eye for the non American things Studebaker did we had something in common as well as a dedication to the marque.

My condolences to Susan, and his two sons, Matthew and Andrew.

A picture of my mate Sandy in his natural habitat.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by go-studebaker; 05-20-2021, 11:36 PM.
        Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
        1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
        1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
        1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
        1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
        1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Sandies convertible was the car Stu Chapman was given to use as a company car !

Comment

Working...
          X