Pam Hackney 4/18/46- 7/29/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam Hackney 4/18/46- 7/29/20

Many meet attendees will remember meeting Pam over the years at numerous Int'l meets & tours..

written by sister, Charmaine Frost

Pamela Wendy Margaret Dlouhy Hackney
    April 18, 1946 - July 29, 2020

My dear sister, Pam, passed away today (Wed.) following her long battle with Lymphoma cancer. She was doing surprisingly well up until a couple of days ago. I want to thank everyone who offered supportive thoughts and prayers when she reached out to ask for support from friends for prayer.
    Pam was blessed to be able to enjoy a fulfilling career doing what she loved, playing the flute and teaching. She began playing the flute with the Beverly Vista Elementary School Orchestra. She graduated Beverly Hills High in 1964; and shortly after graduating from California Lutheran University in ‘68, she won an audition for flutist with the Honolulu Symphony Orchestra. She also was a flutist for the Burbank Symphony Orchestra, the Santa Monica Symphony Orchestra and the Los Angeles Doctors Symphony Orchestra. Pam moved to Veracruz, Mexico to play flute for the Xalapa Symphony Orchestra and the Veracruz Symphony Orchestra.
    Finally, she took a position with the Houston Ballet Orchestra in 1986 and played for 16 seasons prior to retirement. She met Barry in April of 1991 and they wed in October. They belonged to the Bayou Cities Chapter & the Central Texas Chapter for 3 decades. They collaborated on the sale of Studebaker parts and met many wonderful people as she helped with the swap meet selling at many meets and playing her flute with the Studebaker Band. Throughout her career and after retiring, she taught flute to students and was so happy to see one of her students, Elise Shope Henry, become the second flutist for the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra, a position she holds to this day. Pam continued to play at church, never missing a Sunday morning or Sunday evening service, and also played at special events.
    Pam had a sweet temperament and was known for her kindness and loving heart, but was also honest, righteous, a devout Christian, and was strong and determined to do what was right. She was a loving, loyal and devoted friend, teacher, mentor, sister, aunt and wife. Pam is survived by her sisters Jennifer Carter, Cindy Paulos and Charmaine Frost, nieces & nephews, her loving husband, Barry, and his family.

Services Fri. Aug. 7, 12:00 pm at First Baptist Church of Spring Forest, 22703 Aldine Westfield Rd, Spring, TX 77373; with pastors Bob Reese and Truman Howze
    Service will be live streamed on the Calvary Hill Funeral Home website
    visitation: 11:00-12:00
    Burial 2 pm Calvary Hill Cemetery
    Reception will be at the church fellowship hall after service, prior to burial.
    Memorial offerings in Pam's memory may be sent to the church.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TX Rebel; 08-05-2020, 03:38 PM.
    Barry'd in Studes

I am very sorry for your loss.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Barry, sorry to hear of this news. Pam was a very nice person. Prayers for you and the rest of your family.

Comment

Barry, my condolences and especially prayers to you and your family on your loss.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I have always enjoyed the business, fellowship, and banter Barry and I have had at swap meets. I never feel adequate in expressing condolences, especially to those I know. My prayers are for you and your family Barry. But, as men of faith, we know Heaven has added a new member to the orchestra that accompanies the Choir of Angels.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Dear Barry,

This is a big hole in your life that will never be filled. We grieve with you and your family. When their are things that come up that remind you all of Pam, cherish it and call one another to share that memory. It can be a song, something that comes up on TV, a book, some event Blessings to you Barry and your sister in laws and nieces and nephews and your family that Pam touched their lifes.

Bob Miles

Comment

Saddened to hear of her passing. Our deepest sympathy to you Barry.

Jim & Judy Sinclair
              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss. May the good memories give you comfort as you work through this.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Barry, sorry for your loss.
                  Dan Peterson
                  Montpelier, VT
                  1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                  1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

My condolences on your loss.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That's a shame. So sorry to hear that you lost her.
                      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
                      10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                      10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
                      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
                      56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
                      60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

So sorry to hear this Barry.

Comment

Deepest condolences Barry from your Canadian friends who are praying for you in your saddest of times.
                          Bill & Sonja

Comment

Barry, my condolences on your loss.
                            Jerry Forrester
                            Forrester's Chrome
                            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Barry, sorry for your loss. My condolences.

Comment

Working...
                              X