Bill Lowe, President of the BCOIE Chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Lowe, President of the BCOIE Chapter

Bill Lowe, president of the BCOIE Chapter (Beach Cities, Orange, Inland Empire Chapter of Southern California) lost his brave battle with cancer on March 6, 2020. Bill will be remembered for his calm and diplomatic approach as the leader of the chapter. Always willing to help, Bill was instrumental in resurrecting the chapters website after it lay dormant for over 5 years. Bill also led the effort to modernize the chapter's logo to help attract new members. Bill will truly be missed. Rest in Peace Bill. Click image for larger version  Name:	Bill Lowe memorial 4.jpg Views:	13 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	1826671
    Last edited by dansct444; 03-25-2020, 12:11 PM.

I am sorry to read of another young SDCer that has departed.
    Please explain BCOIE. I do not know what it stands for or where it is.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Very sorry to hear that, Bill joined long after I left the Chapter in 1998, so I never met him but he has done a Great Job updating the Chapter.

Those of you on the "Other Coast" probably wonder just WHERE the BCOIE is Located, I much prefer REAL WORDS, so here it is:

"Beach Cities, Orange, Inland Empire." Chapter -Southern Calif. Three Areas covered by one Chapter.

It was just simply "Orange Empire Chapter" when I was Treasurer, VP etc. and they put on the TWO International Meets at the Queen Mary Long Beach.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 03-25-2020, 12:00 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I am sorry to hear this. I met Bill at the Zone meet in Palms Springs in 2018. Great story about his car that his brother had.

Rip Bill

Bob Miles

Comment

My condolences to his family and friends on behalf of the Nutmeg Chapter.
          Chip
          '63 Cruiser
          '57 Packard wagon
          '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
          '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
          X