"Wally" Naisbitt - Fleet Sales Manager, Studebaker of Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wally" Naisbitt - Fleet Sales Manager, Studebaker of Canada

Born 1922, died Sept. 17, 2019, and an anti-tank unit veteran of 4 years deployment in Europe during World War ll, he worked for Studebaker of Canada for 20 years after the war, working his way to Manager of Fleet Sales. After The Hamilton plant closed, he and his brother took over a Ford dealership for several years.
    He and his wife of 65 years, Velma (pre-deceased), had four children. One son, Randy, and his wife Robin, were active for many years in SDC in Ontario. Randy and Robin's son Michael recently purchased a '62 Lark V8 Daytona Hardtop from SDC "What's Happening" columnist Sue Lusted and husband Roly. l'm sure Wally was happy about that!
    Wally's Celebration of Life Service is tomorrow, Sept. 26, at 11 AM at St. James Anglican Church, Ingersoll, Ontario. A visitation will be held starting at 9:30, before the service.
    Our profound condolences to the Naisbitt family.
    Last edited by STEWDI; 10-26-2019, 05:10 AM.
    Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
    61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
    Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
    Ride me in a Studebaker"

Roly and I didn't know Wally personally. However, his grandson purchased our '62 Daytona and we then met Wally's son. We learned that he worked for Studebaker from the time it opened until it closed. His grandson was just thrilled to have our Daytona. So, Wally must have installed a love of Studebakers. The day they picked the car up, they were going to celebrate Wally's birthday that weekend. Both Randy and Michael spoke very fondly of their dad and grandfather. May he rest in peace.
    ‚Äč
    Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
    studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Having had the pleasure of working with Wally Naisbitt, I am very sorry to learn of his passing. Our condolences go out to Randy and the family.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
      X