Henry O Jenkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry O Jenkins

Henry O jenkins of portales New Mexico passed away on April 19th. He owned and operated Autonauts Studebaker Salvage in Portales. He left behind 2 children, 1 fosterson and several grandchildren and great grand children. He loved Studebakers and lots of other old cars and spent many years owning and driving them. You can contact me, Lon Wright, fosterson at 505-356-8394 if you have any questions.

Hi Lon,

My name is Mike Hayes, and I live in Los Lunas, NM, just south of Alb. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your foster dad.

I work as a private educational vision consultant, doing assessment and teaching blind kids in the public schools. I was working in Portales, I guess a couple of days after your foster dad's passing. After working, I made a point of stopping by his home to see if I could purchase some parts. I have a '60 Lark Regal 4 door wagon. I knocked at the door, the TV was on, but nobody came. I hung around a little bit to see if someone came home but nobody did. I took a walk around the cars and I left. Now I know why Henry was not there. I bought a few trim pieces from him in about 1995 for my Lark.

I am glad you posted, because I was wondering if anyone would keep Henry's business going. It sounds like you are, and that is a good thing.

There is a Lark wagon out there that has a roof rack, and I would like to know if it is for sale. If it is, please let me know and how much you would like for it. I am also looking for the third seat option for the wagon, if you have any wagons with that option, or even parts of it, I would be interested in that as well.

Again, please accept my condolences for the loss of your foster father and good luck to you and the rest of your family.

Best regards,
    Michael Hayes

Comment

There is a change of phone # 505-714-4765 for those to contact me.

Comment

I had been in contact with Henry since about 1994, and alawys admired his keen intellect & vast knowledge of cars, history, and other subjects. I had just a few nice visits with him over the years and bought many parts from him. He always dealt fairly & honestly; and was a pleasure to know and deal with. He will be sorely missed.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

susan.carr@navy.mil

Comment

Working...
          X