Jack Holden, Studebaker of Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Holden, Studebaker of Canada

It is with much sadness that I just learned today of the sudden passing of Jack Holden last month. Jack was a long time employee of Studebaker of Canada and at the end was assistant to the production manager,

Jack was an honorary member of both Ontario and Hamilton Chapters of SDC and was honored by the Ontario Chapter by being recognized on its commemorative plaque in the Studebaker National Museum.

I was pleased to have been able to include a picture of Jack, his wife and young son in the book I wrote a decade ago.

Rest in peace Jack.

Stu Chapman

Stu,
    Our condolences go out to you and Thelma for your loss of yet another Studebaker friend and coworker.
    Bill & Sonja

Comment

l was really fond of Jack, a real gentleman.

He and his brother came to Hamilton, Ontario in 1957 and they almost immediately were hired by Studebaker. The head of personnel was so impressed with them that he picked them up in the morning for work and took them home each day, until they soon worked out other transportation. When Jack had married and he and his bride needed a house for their new family plans, Jack turned to the Studebaker employee's credit union to help with the down payment. Even after many decades, thinking about the generosity of the credit union and the many friends he had at Studebaker brought grateful emotion to him. He was very well liked. We enjoyed having him visit SDC chapter functions - and we will miss him.
      Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
      61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
      Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
      Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Working...
      X