Bob Valpey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Valpey

Just learned of the passing of Robert (Bob) Valpey last night in Florida after a period of failing
    health. Besides Bob's collection of Studebakers he was equally known for his big heart.
    Bob and Alice would often invite chapters to their home in Center Harbor, New Hampshire
    for a cookout. No arangements have been made yet,

Thanks for posting this. This is terrible news. He was a great guy. I knew Bob (and Alice) for many years. At the Rhode Island SDC International Convention, Bob and Alice had dinner with Cathy and me. It was an enjoyable couple of hours. Many years before that, I sat in his Studebaker race car with Asa Hall.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Ouch, Paul; thanks. 'Too much of this going on lately. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Sad news indeed. Bob was bighearted, very generous with the SDC members. He will be missed.
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Ouch, Paul; thanks. 'Too much of this going on lately. BP
          As Bob said, too many are leaving us. I guess age is catching up. Bob was one of the first SDC members I met and always enjoyed his company.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Rest in peace, Bob! You were a great friend to all in the Ocean Bay Chapter SDC and a collector of some fine cars! It was a pleasure to have known you.
            Bill L.
            1962 GT Hawk

Comment

I was fortunate to spend some time with Bob at Hershey last year. He was always a generous supporter of the Antique Studebaker club. A real gentleman. He gave both my sons a ride in his Indy car. Many memories. My sincere condolences to Alice and family.

Comment

It's a great loss. He was a fine, kind, and generous person.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bob valpey 2010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	1725759
                Gary Ash
                Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
                ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
                '48 M5
                '65 Wagonaire Commander
                '63 Wagonaire Standard
                web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Thanks Paul, so sad to hear this!
                  sigpic
                  1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

I still haven't found any arrangements for Bob's funeral. However you can send cards
                    to Alice at: Alice Valpey PO Box 249 Center Harbor, New Hampshire 03226

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, he was a very generous and welcoming man. We will miss him.
                      Tom Quigley
                      1932 Rockne Model 65

Comment

Thank you to all who viewed or posted regarding my father. We appreciate the kind words very much.Although he loved the cars, the people brought together by the shared interest where his greatest pleasure.We are planning a Celebration of Life on August 4th for friends and family. I will post more details as soon as possible.Wes Valpey

Comment

Details for the Celebration of Bob's Life:
                          This is an open invitation to all of our friends for the Celebration of Bob's Life. I am planning it for Sunday, August 4th, from 11 am to 4 pm here at our home. If anyone would like to be here during lunch time, I am asking them to bring their own picnic lunch to enjoy by the lake. I have no way of knowing how many will be here so I can't plan on serving lunch but I am planning to have snacks, desserts, and beverages. This will be the last time Bob's collection will be together because five of the cars will be leaving by truck for the Gooding Auction in Pebble Beach, California, on August 16th and 17th.

Address for GPS and parking:
                          202 College Road, Center Harbor, NH 03226. All cars should enter at that address and the collector cars will be invited to park near our house as long as we have space. Modern cars will park in our field and we will have transportation to and from the house.

For more information or detailed directions, please feel free to contact me at palv09@gmail.com or cell/text 603-387-9599.

Comment

Working...
                          X