Bruce Wheeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Wheeler

At 5:15 this evening, we lost Bruce Wheeler, longtime member of SDC, ASC, and Southern Arizona Chapter. Bruce had been active, attending meetings until just recently.

Bruce loved his Studebaker(s). He kept everything from all the National Meets he attended. Several of his cars were featured on many Turning Wheels covers: 1963 Wagonaire 9 Passenger, 1933 Rumble Seat Coupe with dual sidemounts, and his 1939 Coupe Express. He had recently drove his 1964 Avanti at a chapter board meeting.

His wit and comments were always good for a laugh. He would come up to me and say "How is my favorite person?" I would usually come back with "Where is Maggie?" They had recently celebrated there 68th Anniversary.

Bruce will be missed but not forgotten. Our sympathies to Maggie and the family.

Bob Miles
    Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

So sorry to hear of this, Bob; Bruce was a great guy...one of the most consistently-friendly guys in SDC.

Condolences and all the best to Maggie and their family. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I always enjoyed visiting with Bruce at the many meets we attended & he will be missed. Deepest condolences to Maggie & family.
      Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Condolences to Maggie and family. We will miss Bruce and his smile at the national meets.
        Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk 4-speed
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Wow. I'm really sorry to hear this. Bruce will definitely be missed.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X