No announcement yet.

Dan Sallia Died This Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally met Dan (after much correspondence) when he brought his Hawk to our Classic Studebaker Car Show last year. It was cool to see his Hawk in person after all the posts in various places. He was a really nice guy; I enjoyed talking with him. By the way, he won the long distance award for driving the Hawk further than anyone else to get to our show. RIP Dan.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

So sorry to hear this. I sure enjoyed talking Stude with him. Helping with projects with parts. It was a blast the first time I saw his Stude motorhome on 101. Boy did i take alot of pictures. I haven't posted for quite sometime. Also seeing him last year in Tacoma at his first International meet.
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Anne,

Nice to see your post!! I followed the progress of the '55 sedan for months/years.

Charlie D.

Comment

Sorry to hear this.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Ed, I did not know that Dan was your brother and so sorry to just now see the post as I do not look here very often, I did meet Dan a few times over the years and knew he was sick but he really wanted to keep after his projects the best he could. even thou he is gone we all know he is in a better place now. my wife of 54 years pass away 3 years ago and is also part of this thread. RIP Dan see you when I get there. Bob
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Bob, thank you for posting. Yes, Dan was the real gearhead of the family, besides our dad. Brother Bill still builds and races cars. He is up in Marysville, WA. There are 3 of us left. Me, Bill and sister Susan. Everyone else is now gone. Being the oldest I guess I am now the elder "patron" of the family. I am so sorry you lost your wife 3 years ago. Time marches on and shows us no mercy. Dan left us too soon.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

My condolences on behalf of the Nutmeg Chapter.
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I am very sorry for the loss, sincere sympathies to his family and friends.

Comment

Working...
                  X