Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Pile
    replied
    I advised the buyer I was sending the 3 items in 1 box - and he thanked me....

I had some '51 bulletnose taillights on eBay awhile back - and I state "no sales outside the lower 48). It sold 3 times to some dolt in Chile (I cancelled it 3 times, and finally emailed in Spanish - ain't the internet great?) For months after they sold, a guy in Morocco kept emailing me in French wanting to know if I had any more of them. Finally used a translator and sent him the bad news in French. I've gotten requests from Canada and Europe on some items. I just don't need the trouble - so I decline.

Leave a comment:

• wittsend
    replied
    Glad to see he has paid. The separate item shipping is likely a point you can dispute. Ironically most people want combined shipping to keep the cost down. But since you offer free shipping (might want to rethink that - now) it doesn't affect him. My guess is he either needs smaller boxes to fit a mail box size, or if someone is sending them on to him out of the country then the smaller packages probably can be declared of less value to diminish his import tax.

I sold a Halda Twinmaster (rally mileage counter) on Ebay specifically stating USA sale ONLY. Yet the guy who won the auction was from Europe. I cancelled the sale and it took hours of work to not have Ebay charge me the fees on the $787 price. I later relisted the item making the USA SALE ONLY aspect even more obvious. I even went as far as advising Europeans to have someone in the USA they knew receive the item and then THEY could send it out of the country. And, again someone from Europe won the auction (with no USA mailing address). I again cancelled the sale, but this time I just didn't want to jump through all the Ebay hoops even though it sold for $947! So, I ate a chunk of cash on that. Many years later the Halda still sits in my desk not wanting to go through that a third time.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    That might explain it....

I sent the guy a threatening email, and 20 minutes later - viola! MONEY.
    Then he bought another item, and paid for it....

And then asked that the 3 items be packaged separately.
    Which irks me because I have free shipping - it will cost me even more.

I don't need this crap.

Leave a comment:

• fiveftsix
    replied
    I`ve had this on a couple of occasions on eBay
    It normally points to an item sold through there Global shipping program.
    The guy obviously lives in Argentina but you will initially be posting it to eBays shipping agent in Miami.
    They will normally send you a long reference number to add under the contacts name in Miami
    Miami may be the export location for items going to Argentina
    European destined items are sent to Erlanger in Kentucky
    As long as you get paid there`s no problem.
    There will be a delay in payment as eBay quote a higher price to the seller to ship it to him.
    Geoff

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    I'll agree with Bob, as long as it hasn't been a long time. My guess is the US address let's him mitigate import issues if he is a real buyer. I assume his feedback is good for the aforementioned advice. Bob

Leave a comment:

• bob40
    replied
    May just be his mailing address. Wouldn't worry about it.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    started a topic eBay weirdness

eBay weirdness

Sold an item on eBay, but the guy hasn't paid for it yet.
    The email from eBay says the guy lives in Miami, but when I checked his feedback - he lives in Argentina.
    What can this mean? Should I worry, or just cancel the sale?
Working...
X