Hashtags ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hashtags ???????

As the saying goes "I'm an analog man in a digital world". My reason for posting these questions is mainly insomnia. My intuition tells me the whole concept isn't worth learning.

I am ignorant of "hashtags".

What do people do with them? Are they sent as emails, texted on phones, tweeted, on Twitter(whatever that is) put on facebook???? Can anyone start one or is there a central clearing house or register? What are #HASHTAG's supposed to accomplish?

#SAVE THE BUFFALO, #SAVE OUR WATER, #BRING BACK OUR GIRLS

The first is one of my favorites. Family legend has it that my native american ancestor, Squanto Parker, taught the settlers to plant a buffalo with each grain of corn. That pretty well wiped the buffalo in the plains but accounts for the marvelous corn crop in Nebraska, Iowa, etc. The surviving buffalo hid behind hills, thus South Dakota {Black Hills) still have a few herds.
    Who would these hashtags be addressed to? For the buffalo, would it be the indian's The Great Spirit? The Dept of Interior?
    For clean water -- Mother Nature? The Army Engineering Corps?
    I'm pretty sure the one for the girls was directed to the Boko Haram terrorist group or perhaps the UN.

If I can't #HASHTAG something, I will spend my insomnia wondering about that newsworthy child they are taking from a family because it is 1/64th indian. Its possible they will be coming for me soon. Is someone trying to preserve a pure master race?----- Hey, that's already been tried!

Perhaps my hashtags shoud be sent to everyone on my email list and my phone directory?
    sigpic
    Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

It's a Twitter thing...
    On Twitter, you are only allowed to use so many words in a post.
    The hashtag is just shorthand..
    Twitter is also boring,
    Twitter is doomed.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
      It's a Twitter thing...
      The hashtag is just shorthand..
      Twitter is also boring,
      Twitter is doomed.
      In business 10 years, never turned a profit and in fact are losing money at a increasing rate, key executives leaving and users numbers falling.

They just need a bigger truck!! I think your assessment is dead on.
      , ,

Comment

Originally posted by Lark Parker View Post
        As the saying goes "I'm an analog man in a digital world". I am ignorant of "hashtags".
        Lark, as an analog man in a digital world, you should already know that those things are not hashtags. They are pound signs, or are for playing tic-tac-toe. This is just another case of revisionists trying to wipe out something they don't like.

######## Let's play a few games of tic-tac-toe.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

#YouaretakingStudeRich'sjobhereknockitoff! #

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
          Lark, as an analog man in a digital world, you should already know that those things are not hashtags. They are pound signs, or are for playing tic-tac-toe. This is just another case of revisionists trying to wipe out something they don't like.

######## Let's play a few games of tic-tac-toe.
          Originally Posted by Lark Parker
          As the saying goes "I'm an analog man in a digital world". I am ignorant of "hashtags".
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

HASHtag! It looks like a Pound sign to ME...

Comment

I had HASH browns for breakfast this morning.

Bob Miles
              Tucson AZ
              Home of Lazarus and Meshach

Comment

It's a Twitter thing...
                Thanks for the different responses. You have justified my assumption that I wasn't missing much.
                If you are only allowed so many words, it would seem that your early twits/tweets(?) could be consumed in explaining the purpose of that particular idiocy.

I shall stalwartly remain untwittered as civilization zooms around me at 180,000 miles/second.
                "No Thanks, I'll walk."
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
                  I had HASH browns for breakfast this morning.

Bob Miles
                  Tucson AZ
                  Home of Lazarus and Meshach
                  On the Navy uniform, the stripe on the lower left sleeve designated four years of service and were called hash marks.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have Twitter and Instagram, both of which use hashtags and I still don't know what to do with them. I think it's like "The Cloud", it's there but know one understands it. Here is a link to the Wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashtag

Comment

#YouaretakingStudeRich'sjobhereknockitoff! #
                      Now you are just trying to flatter me, Jeff!
                      Paul
                      Winston-Salem, NC
                      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Oh gentleman. A hashtag in Twitter is a sorter of sorts. Let's say we all had Twitter accounts but no one in the club "followed" each other on Twitter ....BUT....we were all attending the 2016 SDC Meet, and tweeting about it.

At this point no one within the club would see how much fun we were having through our tweets. Because no one follows each other. HOWEVER if everyone of us placed within the text body (hashtag) #SDC2016 everyone of our individual tweets could be found in ONE timeline by using Twitters Search feature.

I follow Jeff Rice but he never posts about anything there (Twitter) I have to sign in to #StudebakerDriversClubForum
                        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

My ignorance of the mechanics of twitter remains profound.
                          To twitter does one: use the computer, use a smart phone, a ham radio, put messages in bottles and set them adrift?
                          Send up smoke signals?
                          Are messages addressed to individuals or posted on a wall in the village?
                          Is the hashtag used as the subject line ?
                          There are still a few uncovered basics.
                          I thought I asked these questions initially but apparently didn't get them across.
                          sigpic

Comment

Lark Parker, I am still working out written sentences. I too am afraid all the hashes, clouds, tags, texts, iso's, tweets, twits, and twerps will have to forge ahead without my expansive knowledge of entirely useless ...... uh, ..... stuff.

Comment

That's ok. #SAVEOURBANDWITH ?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X