• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't'cha wish we had one of these...

....in a 1964 Daytona convertible?

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...or/?refer=news

BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I never got along with those. I smashed my thumb working on one my brother-in law had and it took over 20 years before my thumbnail grew back right. I'll stick with Studebakers!

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      ....in a 1964 Daytona convertible?

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...or/?refer=news

BP

But we have one in a two-door hardtop--64V-20202 at the SNM!

I've often wondered what that car would bring at auction--although it'll never end up there I know.

That car has 28 miles--I've stuck in my head in the window many years ago!

R1, 4-speed, last regular-production U.S-built Stude car--I'd like to think it'd bring 100 grand, although we might be getting around that point where it would've peaked.

Nice to dream.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
        But we have one in a two-door hardtop--64V-20202 at the SNM!

I've often wondered what that car would bring at auction--although it'll never end up there I know.

That car has 28 miles--I've stuck in my head in the window many years ago!

R1, 4-speed, last regular-production U.S-built Stude car--I'd like to think it'd bring 100 grand, although we might be getting around that point where it would've peaked.

Nice to dream.
        A good point, Bill. 64V20202 hasn't led the charmed life visited upon this Volkswagen, but at least it did survive darker days in remarkably good shape.

I have no idea when it last ran, though; that would take some doing! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Port of entry was Vancouver WN. When did we get a state abbreviated WN?
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
          10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
          56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
          60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
            Because the car came from FDR at the time.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
              The two-letter state abbreviations started when Zip codes started in 1963, though they were not emphasized or widely used for quite a while. They are mostly intuitive (ie, NJ, MO), but WN is one that might better have been WA. And Mississippi is abbreviated MS, which the Coast Guard (boat registration) and several other agencies had already been abbreviating as MI (which the USPS uses for Michigan).
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
              X