Oh no!...panic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no!...panic

For those of you who think of South Carolina as a year round sub-tropical paradise...here is our little "light flurry" predicted on last night's weather report. Panic time is due to my daughter, who works at a University, texting me to ask my opinion about what I think about this snow?

While I know she really don't care what my "OPINION" is...this is her way of dropping a big hint, asking..."Will you go get Luke (my grandson) from school so that Jordan (my granddaughter) won't have to?"

So...let's get this straight...you want this old grandpa, with his aging old bones, and his aging old truck, to travel about thirty miles (round trip) so that your young vibrant 18 year old, with great reflexes, and a front wheel drive car, won't have to drive six miles?

OK!

Although this scene is about 30 minutes of "flurry," the local weatherman is still saying that by two PM, it will be sunny and 40 degrees F. They say this will be all gone by then.

We'll see.

John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Pray for son, John!
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
      Pray for son, John!
      Are you referring to his grandson, or do you really mean sun that he should be praying for?

That is just a light dusting of snow that makes everything look pretty.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yikes! I meant SUN! Some days I should just stay home.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
          So...let's get this straight...you want this old grandpa, with his aging old bones, and his aging old truck, to travel about thirty miles (round trip) so that your young vibrant 18 year old, with great reflexes, and a front wheel drive car, won't have to drive six miles?
          Yep! Because I know you won't be texting while trying to drive in it!!

Craig

Comment

The weatherman /person got it right. After about another inch of snow, the sun came out while it was still snowing. Except for the shady areas, it was all gone by 2 pm.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Very pretty from here and that's close enough for me. 80's here for the last week with same predicted next week. Ahhhh.
              Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
              jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Working...
              X