Neat old toolbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat old toolbox

I can recall this toolbox being in Dads garage forever. It's pretty worn now, the dragmaster stickers on the front are just about gone. But the sides still show Ok.
    I guess this could be called "patina". I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I think I'm going to put all the holley stuff we have in it. Gaskets, jets, spare bowls etc. Kind of a carburetor doctors bag.

Ok, this is pretty cool too. Lifetime supply of door service stickers. I also found lifetime supplies of AC speedometer cable lube and distributer cam lube...HUGE tubes of those. Kind of neat to have.

Comment

Do yourself a favor.
      Wash it lightly with some Murphy's oil soap and a little bleach in the soapwater.
      Then dry it and wax it with some old fashioned floor wax (that does not turn white, or have silicone in it).
      A period tool box is worth money at swap meets and auctions.
      At least preserve it.
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Great suggestion, DEEPNHOCK !

Comment

Love the old tool boxes, I still have the Craftsman Tool Box my girlfriend bought me in 69 went I started To Automotive School! Have several cabinets !
          Randy Wilkin
          1946 M5 Streetrod
          Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Working...
          X