Dirt road racing.Harley vs Yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirt road racing.Harley vs Yamaha

No motorcycles involved! It's just me talking about my Grandchildren again!A year or so ago I was doing some swapping and trading,and aquired a MO-PED. It's a 1978 AMF. At the time Amf owned Harley Davidson. It has a McCulloch engine on it.By association Josh has decided it is a Harley with a Studebaker connection.We got it running and Josh played with awhile,then somthing tore up on it and he put it in his Dad's shop and forgot about it for awhile. A few days ago he got it out and started tinkering with it. It would run awhile then stop. He would tinker some more. Today he got it going good! He came by me with that thing screaming like a chainsaw! Last year my brother passed away and left his Yamaha golf cart to Josh's sister Haleigh. Josh kept buzzing around my house on the Mo-Ped.Haleigh was scooting back and forth on the golf cart. Pretty soon I saw them both head up the hill toward the Paved road. Almost everyone who lives out here is kinfolks,and know there have been kids playing on this dirt road for a 100 years or so and we all lookout for them. G-Ma began to worry a little when they got out of sight. I kinda had an idea what was up. Sure enough, I heard the Mo-Ped wind up with all it had and was comiong down the hill! I walked to the front yard where I could see first hand. Josh and Haleigh were racing down the dirt road! Josh was in the lead,but Haleigh was drafting him. G-Ma got all bent out of shape and said "If that thing stalls with him, She's gonna run slap over him! I just said "If it does, He better start peddling hard!" It was getting dark and they were headed home,so I guess they made it OK. I didn't hear any sirens.
    Neil Thornton
Working...
X