Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANY functioning brain cells in GM Marketing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last three posts deleted. No more politics in this thread please.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
      Last three posts deleted. No more politics in this thread please.
      As "Chief CAT HERDER" i really support your efforts and hope I am not pouring gas on the fire. If so, you can delete this post with my support.

That said...by accepting the Government (political) safety net...GM has linked itself to politics for a long time to come. "NETS" can be a tool for security, rescue, and safety. However, they can equally be a source of entrapment, entanglement, and danger. As time heals all wounds...this association will take a long time to fade...fair or not.

Good products, effective marketing, with a profitable bottom line, will speed up the healing of a tainted image.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
        As "Chief CAT HERDER" i really support your efforts and hope I am not pouring gas on the fire. If so, you can delete this post with my support.

That said...by accepting the Government (political) safety net...GM has linked itself to politics for a long time to come. "NETS" can be a tool for security, rescue, and safety. However, they can equally be a source of entrapment, entanglement, and danger. As time heals all wounds...this association will take a long time to fade...fair or not.

Good products, effective marketing, with a profitable bottom line, will speed up the healing of a tainted image.
        Very good points, John. I agree.

Since it is clearly a political topic, why is it allowed on the forum? (to say nothing about posts using terms like "big government lovers")

I understand we are pretty much a politically conservative group. But we really need to at least look like we have a bigger tent if we want to attract new members.
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Oh we're not all conservative. I don't mind disagreeing with someone politiclaly, some of my best friends just lose all resemblence of rational thought when it comes to politics!
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post

Since it is clearly a political topic, why is it allowed on the forum? But we really need to at least look like we have a bigger tent if we want to attract new members.
            I'd suggest it's a car topic. The fact that GM forced a successful dealer to sell out is a car topic, not politics.
            And I agree about your second statement...but you are the one that started the offensive (to me) name calling/labeling.
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

There is something "VERY FISHY" about this entire scenario!!!

And the 40+ Posts here and NOUNIONGENERAL MOTORS mess up this bad without there being some UNION at fault??? Perhaps 'BASS PRO SHOPS' are NON-UNION and the UAW 'forced' GM TOP MANAGEMENT into doing this dastardly deed to poor Mr. Heitz?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                Since it is clearly a political topic, why is it allowed on the forum? (to say nothing about posts using terms like "big government lovers")
                If anyone questions WHY I would never volunteer to be a Forum Administrator, this thread is an excellent example.

The subject here has always remained 'on topic' with everyone offering a speculation on the events that lead to the termination of what was a top-performing GM franchisee. Naturally, the villain from what we here can see is the huge, multi-national corporate conglomerate which stumbled from its lofty once-untouchable lofty position, and resulted in government intervention to eliminate a potential economic castrpohe. Because of the turn of events that made politics in certain threads such as this is the unavoidable, I would leave this thread untouched if it were up to me.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                X