The Things Teachers Say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Things Teachers Say

Reading BP's reply on another thread (copied below) made me smile...
    Actually, his tag line made me reminisce....
    Teachers, in all forms, impart wisdom and lessons in our lives that resurface (hopefully) at the appropriate time to use that knowlege gainfully, or wisely.

Bob, your tag line reminded me of what an accident engineer told me once during an investigation I was part of.
    He was full of the typical engineer talk and attitude, but this one comment has always stuck with me.

"ALL accidents are caused by a differential in speed"

It's so simple that it is elegant.

As I age, I want things to be more in order, less chaotic, and have more simple answers.
    This forum brings lessons from teachers past all the time.
    This forum is like a classroom with a substitute teacher.
    Full of people. Some know the answers to the question, but are too shy to speak up and share.
    Some are afraid to speak up and share for fear of being shouted down.
    Some just blurt it out, not matter the answer.
    Some just want lunchtime to get here.
    (Some are just hot for teacher - David Lee Roth)

(copy)
    Chris, this thread still gives me a chuckle every time I scan the list of topics on the forum. My wife taught Special Education 22 years before and after (but not during) our kids were born and raised. In "Special Ed" circles, a "runner" is a kid on which you've got to keep a close eye lest he take off! BP
    Speed really isn't the problem...it's suddenly becoming stationary that'll get you.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)
Working...
X