Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orphan of the Day, 11-18, 1966 Plymouth Sport Fury

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 06-29-2014, 09:03 PM.

I built the Jo-Han model when I was 13. I always loved this body style. You don't see too many today.

Comment

Which town in Alberta are those car shows held in? I amazed at the condition of so many of those vehicles; almost as if they never left SoCal or maybe Arizona.
      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

the first four speed car i drove was a 383/335 hp version of this car. spun it out in the first block.
        61 lark cruiser
        64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

I purchased a similar car new. I traded my 1964 Fury hardtop, with 32K miles, in on a black 1965 Sport Fury hardtop with hipo 383 and four speed. I kept the Sport Fury for nine months before turning it in on a new 1966 Charger. The Sport Fury had 27K miles of local driving. That is a lot of shifting.

A 1965 Sport Fury convertible was the Pace Car for the Indy 500.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studerodder View Post
            the first four speed car i drove was a 383/335 hp version of this car. spun it out in the first block.
            Minor correction - For full size Plymouths: for 1965 the hipo 383s were 330 HP and for 1966 they were 325 HP.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I used to deliver Plymouths in dealer swaps for Moller Motors Chrysler Plymouth in Snoqualmie, Washington during that era. I drove several new Furys doing that and enjoyed them. My only complaint with any was with Mopar's over boosted power steering and its lack of road feel.
              Dean

CLEM

Comment

Ther is a similar car in town for sale...I drive past it almost daily.
                It may not be a a Sport Fury and it needs paint. No rust that I can see, however.
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by Clem64 View Post
                  I used to deliver Plymouths in dealer swaps for Moller Motors Chrysler Plymouth in Snoqualmie, Washington during that era. I drove several new Furys doing that and enjoyed them. My only complaint with any was with Mopar's over boosted power steering and its lack of road feel.
                  I didn't have that problem with my 1965 Sport Fury. It was the hipo 383 with four speed, but had no power steering. It also had a small steering wheel and the largest size tires available (like on a station wagon). Cathy did not like to drive it. Once she had to drive it to/from the World's Fair in NYC. She preferred her 1958 Packard hardtop or 1961 Studebaker Regal Lark VIII.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                  X