Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashback
    replied
    Driving a car like this, is like washing your feet with your socks on. You just don't get the "REAL FEEL".

Leave a comment:

• 2moredoors
    replied
    Originally posted by 55s View Post
    Motor Trend also picked the Vega for 1971.
    I owned one (new) and kept it for 8 months, before the word spread that it was not much of a car. I was glad to be rid of it.

Leave a comment:

• 50starlite
    replied
    The model "S" starts at 95K. Even too much for most of the "Green" folks, I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
    To be fair, the Vega was a great concept and design. It was the engineering and execution that went south.
    Goodness, Clark!...That broad brush profound statement pretty much covers eons of man's existence. If we attempted to cover everything that could be the subject of that...we'd probably clog the whole internet like a backed up sewer!

Thinking about great ideas that went sour in production...I would really like to have recordings of meetings between production decision makers, bean counters, and the design engineers as to what they wanted to build as opposed to what they could build. I have wondered how often those meetings ended with compromises that caused the design engineers to seek employment elsewhere due to compromises they couldn't live with.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    To be fair, the Vega was a great concept and design. It was the engineering and execution that went south.

Leave a comment:

• 55s
    replied
    Sorry - It was Track and Traffic that awarded the Studebaker Car of the Year and the year was 1964.

Motor Trend also picked the Vega for 1971.

Leave a comment:

• deco_droid
    replied
    Ever since the Chevy Caprice Classic won the title of COTY back in '92 I believe, I gave up caring who wins and feel much better not knowing...

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    It's a totally new car and maybe the price will drop in a few years and/or maybe they will offer a model named Studebaker in the near future that will be affordable.

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    It seems to be a intresting car, if you car about such cars. I don't.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    I drove an Alliance as a company car for a couple of years.
    Loaded with options. Ran good. Nice little car.
    Maybe I was lucky.

Originally posted by studerodder View Post
    meaningless. the renault alliance also won this award, and it was a piece of crap.

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    The larger batteries are a $20,000 option....
    Check out the prices for the other options....$49,900 is just the starting point. Want a charger...that's extra along with metallic paint, a parcel shelf and the usual sat nav stuff.

I'm so glad part of my taxes go to people who can afford a $50-80,000 car but then get it cheaper because of "Tax incentives". How about you?

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Bud View Post
    That is insane, I drove a Tesla roadster recently and it has no power steering and rides like an early Corvette. It is fast,but at $125,000 the price makes the car not sellable to most people. For that kind of money, I would rather have a new Corvette. Bud
    It is not the early roadster, a modified Lotus, that is Car of the Year. The CotY is the new sedan.

Leave a comment:

• Bud
    replied
    That is insane, I drove a Tesla roadster recently and it has no power steering and rides like an early Corvette. It is fast,but at $125,000 the price makes the car not sellable to most people. For that kind of money, I would rather have a new Corvette. Bud

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    It's not all wine and roses with Tesla...

http://jalopnik.com/5887265/tesla-mo...design-problem

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Originally posted by qsanford View Post
    Was the new Dart in the running?

I think so, here's the 25 contenders, but I did not take the time to read them all.

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...COTY_FINL_1112

Leave a comment:

Working...
X