No announcement yet.

This is a Joke, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drove an Alliance as a company car for a couple of years.
    Loaded with options. Ran good. Nice little car.
    Maybe I was lucky.

Originally posted by studerodder View Post
    meaningless. the renault alliance also won this award, and it was a piece of crap.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

It seems to be a intresting car, if you car about such cars. I don't.

Comment

It's a totally new car and maybe the price will drop in a few years and/or maybe they will offer a model named Studebaker in the near future that will be affordable.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Ever since the Chevy Caprice Classic won the title of COTY back in '92 I believe, I gave up caring who wins and feel much better not knowing...
          sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
          Regal Deluxe Trim
          Automatic transmission
          46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Sorry - It was Track and Traffic that awarded the Studebaker Car of the Year and the year was 1964.

Motor Trend also picked the Vega for 1971.

Comment

To be fair, the Vega was a great concept and design. It was the engineering and execution that went south.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                To be fair, the Vega was a great concept and design. It was the engineering and execution that went south.
                Goodness, Clark!...That broad brush profound statement pretty much covers eons of man's existence. If we attempted to cover everything that could be the subject of that...we'd probably clog the whole internet like a backed up sewer!

Thinking about great ideas that went sour in production...I would really like to have recordings of meetings between production decision makers, bean counters, and the design engineers as to what they wanted to build as opposed to what they could build. I have wondered how often those meetings ended with compromises that caused the design engineers to seek employment elsewhere due to compromises they couldn't live with.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

The model "S" starts at 95K. Even too much for most of the "Green" folks, I'm sure.

Dick
                  Mountain Home, AR
                  http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

Originally posted by 55s View Post
                    Motor Trend also picked the Vega for 1971.
                    I owned one (new) and kept it for 8 months, before the word spread that it was not much of a car. I was glad to be rid of it.
                    sigpic
                    55 President Deluxe
                    64 Commander
                    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Driving a car like this, is like washing your feet with your socks on. You just don't get the "REAL FEEL".

Comment

Working...
                      X