Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help for East coast

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help for East coast

    Nine hydro trucks from BC left three days ago on a non stop drive to the US East coast to help restore electrical service. They were hoping to be there tomorrow.

    Terry

  • #2
    I hope when they get there they are received better than the Alabama Power guys that were turned away by union workers who were calling the Alabama non-union guys scabs.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

    Jeff


    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain



    Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

    Comment


    • #3
      First things first, Jeff. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

      Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

      G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have a friend who lives near there and tried to bring a pickup load of water/food/diapers/etc he and neighbors had collected. It was all intercepted and confiscated by FEMA. Swears it's true, I don't know why they would do that!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          They are union. Not positive, but likely IBEW.

          Terry

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
            I hope when they get there they are received better than the Alabama Power guys that were turned away by union workers who were calling the Alabama non-union guys scabs.
            http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...away-from-n.j/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
              Nine hydro trucks from BC left three days ago on a non stop drive to the US East coast to help restore electrical service. They were hoping to be there tomorrow.

              Terry
              A big thanks to them! I'm on day 10 with no power, no generator either I'm roughing it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Crews from Central Virginia Electric COOP are currently working in NJ and have been for over a week. They are non-union and have had no problems. These crews are working 16 hour days along with th rest of them trying to get all back up and running.

                Rich if you need help PM me and I'll get back to you.
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
                  Crews from Central Virginia Electric COOP are currently working in NJ and have been for over a week. They are non-union and have had no problems. These crews are working 16 hour days along with th rest of them trying to get all back up and running.

                  Rich if you need help PM me and I'll get back to you.

                  Yep, just a Fox news story:

                  "General Manager Ray Hardin appeared on Fox Business Channel Friday morning saying, "We were presented documents from IBEW that required our folks to affiliate with the unions and that was something we could not agree to."

                  Later he corrected the story:



                  Late Friday at a press conference, Hardin said the documents actually came from Electric Cities of Alabama, a coalition of the state's municipally owned utilities.

                  Bottom line, it appears now that Decatur Utilities wrongly assumed they would have to agree to the union contract before traveling to New Jersey to help with recovery efforts. The IBEW said in times of crisis, help is welcomed from union and non-union utility workers."
                  JDP Maryland

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
                    I have a friend who lives near there and tried to bring a pickup load of water/food/diapers/etc he and neighbors had collected. It was all intercepted and confiscated by FEMA. Swears it's true, I don't know why they would do that!!!
                    Alert Fox news, they'll put your friend on TV.
                    JDP Maryland

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JDP View Post
                      Alert Fox news, they'll put your friend on TV.
                      Attaboy, John; I knew if you were sufficently prompted, your biases would return to the forum.

                      How about commenting on uber-liberal Chris Matthews' remark about the storm being a good thing? I didn't even see that on FOX News, but read it elsewhere. Most of the liberals are trying to back up on that, but Matthews said what he said.

                      (Hey, "Whatever it takes to make a deal, right?")

                      From Cicero, who died even before Christ was born:



                      BP


                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

                      Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

                      G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                        Attaboy, John; I knew if you were sufficently prompted, your biases would return to the forum.

                        How about commenting on uber-liberal Chris Matthews' remark about the storm being a good thing? I didn't even see that on FOX News, but read it elsewhere. Most of the liberals are trying to back up on that, but Matthews said what he said.

                        (Hey, "Whatever it takes to make a deal, right?")

                        From Cicero, who died even before Christ was born:

                        “What is morally wrong can never be advantageous, even when it enables you to make some gain that you believe to be to your advantage.

                        The mere act of believing that some wrongful course of action constitutes an advantage is pernicious.”

                        BP


                        It's off topic, but Chris is idiot and the facts are not bias.
                        JDP Maryland

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JDP View Post
                          It's off topic, but Chris is idiot and the facts are not bias.
                          To what fact are you referring, John?

                          My remark was directed at your not-so-subtle slam on FOX News expressed in Post #10; nothing else. (Had your Post #10 not appeared, I would have had no reason to author Post #11, and would not have done so.) BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

                          Ayn Rand:
                          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

                          G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Fair enough, I'm talking about fact checking any source. Networks don't fact check stories that will drive viewers to the hear what they want to hear. The false union story fits Fox, MSNBC liked a BS one about a red state university "riot" after the election.
                            JDP Maryland

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JDP View Post
                              It's off topic, but Chris is idiot and the facts are not bias.
                              Bias aside...that is one FACT on which we can agree. Not even a "thrill up my leg" can change that.
                              John Clary
                              Greer, SC

                              SDC member since 1975

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X