Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In good company.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In good company.

    A day or so ago when I arrived at the shop I found this little character socializing with a few Studebaker's.



    nibbs53

  • #2
    Turns night into day, and has a sunroof to boot!
    What a deal!

    Comment


    • #3
      It needs a couple more lights up front so it can be seen. Is that a Packard Hawk lurking in the background? That mini could be considered bait for that big old catfish mouth on the P Hawk.
      sigpic[SIGPIC]

      Comment


      • #4
        So, the other day I pull up to a red stop light behind a Mini. Just gazing around waiting for that mean ole red light to change to green when my eyes fall upon a sticker in the rear window of the Mini. It read "actual size". Cracked me up. I'm still laughing. And yes, the one above does need at least one more head light.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by skyway View Post
          Turns night into day, and has a sunroof to boot!
          What a deal!
          Are you sure about that??!? Obviously you've never owned a British car!

          Craig

          Comment


          • #6
            LUCAS ELECTRICS- the prince of darkness.
            Evan Davis
            Prince Albert, Sk

            Comment


            • #7
              One day at the aircraft repair station I worked at in Nashville, Tn., a Lucas rep came in to check on some problems that had been addressed about a shaft in a Saab 340 unit. I was the tech that was showing him the part that was in question and he noticed my tool box sticker which showed the 3 position Lucas switch: "flicker, dim, and off" ! He started laughing and said they didn't have that one and wanted me to get him one. They apparently have a good sense of humor about it too. He really came around when he found out the Mini in the parking lot was mine. By the way, our Avanti loved parking beside the Mini, the oil leaks were about even, ha !

              Comment


              • #8
                That Mini is so cool. I would love for it to be in my driveway.

                Lucas---the reason they drink warm beer in the UK.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

                Comment


                • #9
                  Warm beer in England is a misconception. The beer is chilled, it is stored in barrels in the basement of the pubs. Beer in the USA is served cold meaning it is colder than chilled. Every beer has its optimal serving temperature. Being too cold will kill the taste as being too warm will do the same. Your body temperature and outside temperature will affect taste of beer.
                  The best beer that I have tasted was a Hamm's in San Jose 1962. I have never been able to duplicate that taste again. I bet everybody can remember some of these taste experiences. I can remember the best steak I had, the best glass of milk, the best Coca-Cola, the best glass of wine, and of course the best chocolate bar.

                  nibbs53
                  Last edited by nibbs53; 11-04-2012, 08:14 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by nibbs53 View Post
                    Warm beer in England is a misconception.
                    nibbs53

                    BTW, Pat should know

                    I'll be down in a couple of weeks, Pat. See you then.
                    Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi Dick. Looking forward to seeing you.

                      Patrick

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nibbs53 View Post
                        I can remember the best steak I had, the best glass of milk, the best Coca-Cola, the best glass of wine, and of course the best chocolate bar.
                        I can remember the best ...um...on second thought...nevermind. I'm not sure why I entered this door to begin with.
                        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

                        Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
                          One day at the aircraft repair station I worked at in Nashville, Tn., a Lucas rep came in to check on some problems that had been addressed about a shaft in a Saab 340 unit. I was the tech that was showing him the part that was in question and he noticed my tool box sticker which showed the 3 position Lucas switch: "flicker, dim, and off" ! He started laughing and said they didn't have that one and wanted me to get him one. They apparently have a good sense of humor about it too. He really came around when he found out the Mini in the parking lot was mine. By the way, our Avanti loved parking beside the Mini, the oil leaks were about even, ha !
                          I'm sure you've seen this?


                          Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nibbs53 View Post
                            Warm beer in England is a misconception. The beer is chilled, it is stored in barrels in the basement of the pubs. Beer in the USA is served cold meaning it is colder than chilled. Every beer has its optimal serving temperature. Being too cold will kill the taste as being too warm will do the same. Your body temperature and outside temperature will affect taste of beer.
                            The best beer I haven't tasted was a Hamm's in San Jose 1962. I have never been able to duplicate that taste again. I bet everybody can remember some of these taste experiences. I can remember the best steak I had, the best glass of milk, the best Coca-Cola, the best glass of wine, and of course the best chocolate bar.

                            nibbs53
                            Guess why the best beer he ever tasted was Hamm's in 1962? one guess is because it might have been his first beer since he was not 21 yet. and it was a good thing that I was not at the shop when that so called car parked in front of the PH if I had I might have turned the PH loose on it, some things just could not get any uglier.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ha ! Yeah, Clark, that jar stops 'em in their tracks every time ! People really give you a funny look when "replacing the smoke" is explained to them- - -especially the ones that fall for it up to the last second, fun, fun ! The funniest ones are some of the older "traditional" hot rodders after they get to know and trust me (silly boys ! ) when I'm talking about my little British cars I've enjoyed thru' the years. I tell them that's one of the hardest things to do when "fixing them up". Glad you posted the pic, thanks, John

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X