No announcement yet.

In good company.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must say, I agree with Nibbs on English beer but must point out a few things.

Summer does get quite warm in the UK, for 3 months the beer can get a bit warm and yees, this is the fault of LUCAS refrigerators. The ideal temp for English beers is around 48 deg F. The reason that the beer is near this temp the rest of the year is that LUCAS makes their heaters as well.

In the 70's LUCAS made vacum cleaners as well, the reason was they wanted to make something that didn't suck.

BTW, LUCAS is actually an acronym, Loose Unsoldered Conections And Splices.

As a BSA owner, I am well aquainted with the product as BSA stands for Bike Stopped Again (this is a family site, after all).

Cheers, Ken

Comment

Originally posted by spokejr View Post
      In the 70's LUCAS made vacuum cleaners as well, the reason was they wanted to make something that didn't suck.
      Thanks for the chuckle!
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by nibbs53 View Post
        Warm beer in England is a misconception. The beer is chilled, it is stored in barrels in the basement of the pubs. Beer in the USA is served cold meaning it is colder than chilled. Every beer has its optimal serving temperature. Being too cold will kill the taste as being too warm will do the same. Your body temperature and outside temperature will affect taste of beer.
        The best beer I haven't tasted was a Hamm's in San Jose 1962. I have never been able to duplicate that taste again. I bet everybody can remember some of these taste experiences. I can remember the best steak I had, the best glass of milk, the best Coca-Cola, the best glass of wine, and of course the best chocolate bar.

nibbs53
        If its the best beer you haven't tasted how do you know its the best ?

Dean.

Comment

Thanks Dean. I did a lousy job of proofreading that one, but that's okay I'll go back and edit it. Seems like you are the only one that caught it.

Patrick nibbs53

Comment

Working...
          X