LG Pranks Elevator Riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LG Pranks Elevator Riders

In an advertising move that's both hilarious and horrible, electronics company LG installed a grid of its new IPS monitors in the floor of an elevator, creating an optical illusion that made it appear riders were about to plummet to their deaths.
    In a YouTube video posted by LGBlogUK, the displays are arranged on the floor in a three-by-three grid. The horrified faces of the allegedly unsuspecting elevator riders are then filmed for comedic, er, marketing effect when the floor appears to give out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeXMxuNNlE8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
    sigpic

Couple of interesting (to me) tidbits.
    The elevator never moved (note the added control panel) because they had to re-set the stop height for the raised floor level.
    Also the lighting glitch built it to distract they eye from the screen start up.
    Interesting sales tact, though......
    Jeff

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Saw that on tv this morning. If I'd been in that, I think I'd be suing. After I dried out my pants. Seriously, I don't see anything funny about that situation.

Comment

Working...
      X