X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory drag Galaxie on eBay

Thought you all might enjoy watching a factory drag car auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-...orcev4exp=true

Unrestored and disassembled, weak listing. Already over $35K with 5 days left Wonder where it will end... and what it would do with proper marketing?

I would sell the farm for a choice investement like this. Probably wouldn't be enough though<G> Reminds me of the factory Tempest that ended up at $225K for a rolling shell.....
    Last edited by Bob Andrews; 10-16-2012, 07:19 PM. Reason: fixed for Gary
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth様et me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I am surprised that someone that has been in the car business all of their life doesn't know that it is:Galaxie.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Note his seller ID: hemiamx. There must be a story there - either an AMX with a hemi or he is referring to two different cars.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Posted by Bob Andrews
        I would sell the farm for a choice investement like this. Probably wouldn't be enough though<G> Reminds me of the factory Tempest that ended up at $225K for a rolling shell.....
        Bob

I too will be interested in what it sells for as the Tempest went for $226K and change with no engine, tranny or Aluminum front fenders. It was IIRC though, only one of six Tempest Super Duty's built. It came out of a storage barn about 50 miles from me in Harrison, Mi.

Thanks for the post.

Bob
        , ,

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          I am surprised that someone that has been in the car business all of their life doesn't know that it is:Galaxie.
          Geesh. I know the cars as well as anybody here, including you, and can spell as good as anybody, maybe better; but as I've said many times, my typing skills leave something to be desired. I'm sorry to have made such an egregious error. Gimme a break, willya?
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth様et me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
            Bob

I too will be interested in what it sells for as the Tempest went for $226K and change with no engine, tranny or Aluminum front fenders. It was IIRC though, only one of six Tempest Super Duty's built. It came out of a storage barn about 50 miles from me in Harrison, Mi.

Thanks for the post.

Bob
            That was an amazing story, starting with the fact that the seller had no idea what a valuable car he had. In case you didn't know, he found the front clip in FL and bought it too- for $50K

Here's the update on that car, with the original thread contained therein:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-LeMans-update
            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              Geesh. I know the cars as well as anybody here, including you, and can spell as good as anybody, maybe better; but as I've said many times, my typing skills leave something to be desired. I'm sorry to have made such an egregious error. Gimme a break, willya?
              Sure, you know I was just "pulling your chain". I previously caught Bob P., another car businessman, making the same common error. I see that you have corrected the topic title.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                I would sell the farm for a choice investement like this.
                Really? When are you going to actually make a bid on this choice investment? Never?

"I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair." - Bob Andrews

LMAO!
                Last edited by jnormanh; 10-17-2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
                  Really? When are you going to actually make a bid on this choice investment? Never?

"I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair." - Bob Andrews

LMAO!
                  The farm is not sold yet, but is on the market. But you failed to comprehend this part, right in the same post: "Probably wouldn't be enough though<G>" Since you missed it, the <G> is a grin. There is smiling outside the pinch-faced, cheapskate CASO world.

So, I don't understand- what does that quote have to do with my sig. line?
                  Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

So, jnormanh- no explanation?
                    Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                    X