Any Mack truck fans here? 1964 Mack C600 project on my yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Mack truck fans here? 1964 Mack C600 project on my yard

I sold a 1964 Studebaker Hawk and bought a 1964 Mack C600 gravel truck to replace it.
    It was originally a semi-truck, converted into a gravel truck upon its trailer-toting retirement. It has a good running 6-cylinder, turbocharged Mack diesel engine with a 10-speed Duplex transmission. It is currently in need of an air-brake treadle valve assembly and I need to tear into the PTO as it isnt functioning. I am told that the Mack C-series used an L-series cab and were only offered from 1963 to 1965 and the total production was 1064. Much like a Studebaker from the rust-belt, this truck has many rust holes. On the bright side, the loss of metal will allow me to haul a heavier payload.

sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Looks like the next time we stop over for a ride in your newest rig, we won't have to worry about those pesky deer running out in front of us!
    Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

We need not worry about bottoming-out on rocks in the pasture either.
      sigpic

Comment

I like most Mack trucks. I have toured the factory. I think that my interest in them started when the chain drive "Bulldog" models were in regular use. The only thing Mack that I believe that I now have is an NOS Mack hood ornament (bulldog) ashtray.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yeah, but does the air horn work ?

Comment

I have one of those Mack bulldogs guarding my car when i`m away . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
              Yeah, but does the air horn work ?
              The air horn is the one thing that works great on the truck. As for the bulldog hood/radiator ornament, all that's remaining of it is the left-rear leg.
              sigpic

Comment

I like your Mack ! A friend of mine has one in rought condition and has always been a favorite of mine. Have been selling Mack tuck parts for almost 30 years so if you need any help let me know. Good Luck with it ! Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Speed 53 View Post
                  I like your Mack ! A friend of mine has one in rought condition and has always been a favorite of mine. Have been selling Mack tuck parts for almost 30 years so if you need any help let me know. Good Luck with it ! Ed
                  I'll keep you in mind, Ed. Thanks
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X