Studebaker 'Racing Trivia' Question #268

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker 'Racing Trivia' Question #268

On Studebaker passenger cars, the exterior paint I.D. was printed onto a small piece of paper which was glued to the bottom of the glovebox. Where did Studebaker place the exterior paint I.D. on the
    1955 President Speedster, which had no glovebox?

Probably under the passenger seat, up in the springs...
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

To: DEEPNHOCK,------ No, that's isn't where the paint code was found on a Speedster.

Comment

Under the dash somewhere . ( just a dumb guess ) . . .

Comment

To: aarrggh,----Your correct in that the code is found under the dash......but I'd like to 'zero that in' a little better. Want to try again?

Comment

steering column ?

Comment

To: aarrggh,------Sorry, No.

Comment

fuse box lid ? . ( p.s. - I give up ) .

Comment

To: aarrggh,------You sure get an 'E' for effort!....The Speedster paint I.D. was on the same kind of of paper as the other Stude models.... it was placed further up under the dash, (about in line-
                  with the base of the windshield. (It's like they went to place it on the bottom of the glovebox, there WAS NO glovebox, so they kept going straight up with it until they ran into something solid!!!
                  Last edited by SN-60; 10-13-2012, 07:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I owned a 1955 Speedster for years and did not remember the answer to this trivia.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

To: studegary,----I guess the paint code tag isn't something everyone looks for.....or indeed it could have fallen off Your '55 President Speedster. I would suspect that in 2012, Studebakers that still have
                      their original exterior paint code tag on them are in the minority.

Comment

Working...
                      X