ID this car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID this car?

Doing the family scans and ran across this one.... can anyone id the make. I was told it may be a Star or a Lozier, but I don't see a star on the radiator emblem. No good Lozier pics available either

here's a link to a larger pic

really big

thanks
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Before I even read your text, I saw the photo and thought "Lozier." Its a very distinctive radiator shell, and it strongly resembles the photos of Loziers in Ralph Stein's books.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks, I was looking for a 1922 Lozier and they didn't make them any more at that time... Your hunch was spot on..
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Loziers were made in Plattsburg NY 1905-1910 and Detroit MI 1910-1917. I don't find any pictures of Loziers that look similar to the pictured car. The earlier Loziers were right hand drive. I do not know about the last ones. Even one of the last year would be five years old in the picture.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Craig

Comment

Not only the 1910 that Craig posted looks different and is still right hand drive, but I note that the radiator badge appears to be different (I would think that that would have stayed the same).
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'm not seeing it, Gary. The grille shell is quite a distinctive shape, and the badge appears very similar if not identical under magnification (to these 50-year-old eyes, at least).

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Best example I could find on the net. No year specified but is must be close enough in age to compare it to the one pictured. I left it large to show the detail.

Comment

[/url]

1913 Type 77

This 1915 is the only one that I found that had the plate mounting like yours but the fenders are different.

My vote would be 1913-14 Type 77
                  Last edited by cultural infidel; 09-20-2012, 07:07 AM.
                  1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Working...
                  X