Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orphan of the Day, 04-08, 1961 Meteor Montcalm

Craig

Why did Mercury only install 4 headlights in that grill? They could have easily fit 5 more bulbs in there. I like the rear styling as the taillights are very unique. They are unlike any I have ever seen.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Oh goodness, what an unfortunate face ! Ha !! The 1st thing I thought of on the tail-lights were Edsel, but theirs were upside down to these, seems like. Oh, forgot to tell you Craig, the yellow DeSoto was gorgeous, was the other color blue or green ?

Comment

Yeah, interesting car all around! The wide-set headlamps really don't look quite right, though, do they?

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I wonder if the American Mercurys and Fords look as strange to the Canadians as their Canadian counterparts look to those of us in the lower 48?
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Mmm. Nice. I'll add one to my wants list. I already have a 1960 Meteor on that list. The particular one I want is in Windsor Ontario.
            Alas, I can want it forever. The owner would even sell it to me. But I don't think the Canadian authorities will let me take it across the bridge to become my property in the USA, and I live too far from Canada to visit it there.
            I'll put that 61 Meteor on my list, right after a Frontenac and an Australian Holden.

Comment

Yikes! That is one ugly car. Now I know what Ford did with the plans for the 1961 Edsel!

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
                Yikes! That is one ugly car. Now I know what Ford did with the plans for the 1961 Edsel!
                Reportedly, the 1960-'61 Comet has a lot of parts on it that are actually 1961 Edsel part numbers.

Craig

Comment

The front end does have a Comet look to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X