What kind of car is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of car is this?

A nephew in Cleveland substitute teaches at a private school and is not a "car guy."

They had some sort of fundraiser last weekend and this car was driven to the event, so it's a contemporary, operable unit, and it's located in upper Ohio. Note that it is Left-Hand Control, or LHC as we say in Studebaker-land.

He sent me this picture and asked me to identify it. 'Darned if I can!

Any ideas for sure? BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 09-29-2011, 07:35 PM. Reason: hopefully made picture appear!
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Sorry, Bob. Can't find your link!
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Pretty easy, It's a Henway

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
        Sorry, Bob. Can't find your link!
        Now that's weird. I'm looking at my post right in front of me and the color picture is clear as day! Sheesh.

OK; just reposted through Photobucket. Should be OK now. Sorry. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hard to see from the small picture, but I'm thinking Lancia.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
            Hard to see from the small picture, but I'm thinking Lancia.
            That would be my guess, Bob, but I'm hoping someone will confirm. Thanks. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Jensen FF.
              Big, bad Mopar power through all four wheels.

The moniker is abbreviation for Ferguson Formula after the all wheel drive F1 car .
              Andy
              62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
                Jensen FF.
                Big, bad Mopar power through all four wheels.

The moniker is abbreviation for Ferguson Formula after the all wheel drive F1 car .
                Def a Jensen Interceptor: they were offered in the USA through 1976; a few came through with the FF system and (probably) all of them with the Mopar 440 Magnum.

http://www.interceptor.org/
                --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Yes, a Jensen Interceptor. I still have a brochure for one.

Craig
                  Last edited by 8E45E; 09-29-2011, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                    Pretty easy, It's a Henway
                    Uh... what's a henway?
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

So am I mistaken or is that a very serious little awd car ?

Are the only two seen for sale really 80K ?

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                        Uh... what's a henway?
                        About two to three pounds.

Comment

ATTENTION : BOB PALMA ( and anyone else who cares ) !!!

My AVANTI II 1972 got photographed recently with two Jensen Interceptors , a '71 and a '73 .

Just go to www.studebakercarclubnsw.com and click on "Past Events" near the top right of the

Page , then go to the third event down " Bull & Bush" and you can scroll down through some

photos that may be of interest . I think the styling of the AVANTI is 'streets' ahead of the Jensen's

CRUISER

Comment

The Jensen Interceptor FF 4wd model wasn't made with LHD due to the engine being moved to the left to make room for the 4wd unit, shame about that as they could likely have sold a few.
                            John Clements
                            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Thanks, guys; excellent. I'll copy this entire thread to the nephew. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Working...
                              X