Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowing off steam

I wish the jerk that is putting 50,000 car cover ads on eBay would have the
    decency to cut it down , There is no need to break it down into each and every
    model combo etc.
    Those unfortunate people whose ad falls somewhere in the midst of all of these
    ads are cheated , I think , because searchers are rapidly scrolling through his quagmire .
    I don't care to hear about the various ways to exclude these ads .
    I shouldn't have to do that. Phooey on him !
    I feel slightly better now !
    Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

I'm with you! I searched on "Studebaker car cover" and came up with 2021 items. Then I called Ebay and tried to complain about the spam listings. A very young woman with an eastern European accent - who knew nothing about cars and had probably never heard the word "Studebaker" - defended the listings as being from "top rated sellers". I told her to try to buy one of the covers for a 1918 Studebaker, and she told me that there were "more than 10 available". I explained that these crappy vendors would put something in a box, but certainly not something designed for a 1918-22 Studebaker. I was told that the issue would be forwarded to a team that evaluates such things. I'm not holding my breath waiting for a response.

I suggest that as many people as possible call Ebay - because it is almost impossible to figure out how to send them an email - and make an extended complaint for as many minutes as you can stand. Once we tie up their call center for a while, they might get a part of the message.
    Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
    ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

So what time are we suppose to start calling It burns me too!

Tom
      sigpic

Comment

I would be interested to learn how to exclude car covers, etc from ebay.

Comment

You just have to add these bozos to your search filter. There are probably 100 or more keyword spamming jerks who make ebay less shopper-friendly with their bulk listings which ebay allows even though they are against ebay policy. It does no good to report them because ebay likes their 1 cent listing fees. Do a search on "Packard Hawk" and see scads of cheap chicom junk and incessant listings of loud seat covers for bucket seats. Real parts for real cars have become the exception on the 'bay now days.
          Barry'd in Studes

Comment

There was a thread a long while ago that dealt with this. I picked up on it and keep my Ebay link updated. If you find a bonehead that you don't want to see, add their sellername to the list. Here's the line I use for Newly listed Studebaker stuff and the last name is your "Car Cover Jerk".

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...13+carcoverman
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

when you do your search you can exclude words by putting a minus sign in front of the word you want to exclude. So if you search studebaker -cover any ad with the word cover isn't going to show up. my current studebaker search string is studebaker -shocks -ad -brake -cover -brakes -covers So I am not going to see any ads with the words shocks brake cover brakes or covers in the tittle. And then you book mark it and you don't have to type it again.
              TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

BOb and Randy, I need a little help here. I have spent a hour deleting sellers, only to go back next time and they are there HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I found the foolproof solution a long time ago: a mouse with a scroll wheel. I just roll right by 'em.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

That's what I do , but on the night that I started this thread , they had reached
                    a new high. there was many pages of them at 50 ads per page.
                    Also , while a person is whipping through the quagmire , any other ad is likely
                    to be missed, if the timing of placement had placed theirs in the midst , so that that person
                    is sort of being cheated.
                    Bill H
                    Daytona Beach
                    SDC member since 1970
                    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Originally posted by shifter4 View Post
                      Also , while a person is whipping through the quagmire , any other ad is likely
                      to be missed, if the timing of placement had placed theirs in the midst , so that that person
                      is sort of being cheated.
                      True, but such is life. I see no other answer for it.
                      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                      Romans 15:13
                      Deuteronomy 31:6
                      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

You could buy him out so he has nothing left to sell .. ?? !!

Comment

You might lose some honest vendors, but if you click "Auctions Only" all the buy it now ads will disappear. Car covers are all "buy it now" listings. But I like the search "-covers". That would save you time on that particular search. Thanks for the tip.
                          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

these jerks deserve for shoppers to buy their crap, and then send it back when the quality/fit is unacceptable, &/or give neg feedback.
                            Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Working...
                            X