X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orphan of the Day, 05-11, 1941 Sterling Steel Hauler

International still makes single-cab steel-hauler trucks:

Craig

Wow! That International is extremely ugly! The no longer produced 'S' Series International truck cab (though it may live on in other markets) was ideal for being narrowed being that they had a completely flat windshield. I notice that the driver's door was shortened and it appears that the window can no longer be lowered completely. That Sterling is a neat looking truck. Interesting trucks for sure.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
      I notice that the driver's door was shortened and it appears that the window can no longer be lowered completely.
      Brent, Varsteel had a fleet of these special trucks, including some early '80's units with the shiny aluminum grille, which is much more attractive than the later ones with the sloped, body colored grille. I had the opportunity to look over these trucks when they regularly came into our pipeyard where I once worked, and did notice the door window indeed does not lower fully. I wouldn't mind an earlier one as they are a very interesting truck. Here is an earlier one from the 'gray bible'.

Craig

Comment

Working...
      X