Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Fact #5

Who is "Rich Uncle Pennybags"?
    This line is just filler so that you have to open the thread. That way I can get a count to see if anyone is slightly interested in the Christmas Facts threads.

When Monopoly was invented in 1936, that what they named the little character with the moustache, top hat and monocle.
    Last edited by Lark Parker; 11-27-2010, 01:58 AM.
    sigpic
    Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

'Keep 'em coming, Dale/Lark.

But we are waiting for The Grande Finale, when Lark Parker takes the '58 Scotsman wagon out on Christmas Eve to secure a Christmas tree for the family hearth. In typical CASO fashion, we expect him to pulverize the tree vendor to within an inch of his life on the price, in that it is Christmas Eve and the tree will be worth only bulk mulch price in less than 24 hours...."whatever it takes to make a deal!"
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      'Keep 'em coming, Dale/Lark.

But we are waiting for The Grande Finale, when Lark Parker takes the '58 Scotsman wagon out on Christmas Eve to secure a Christmas tree for the family hearth. In typical CASO fashion, we expect him to pulverize the tree vendor to within an inch of his life on the price, in that it is Christmas Eve and the tree will be worth only bulk mulch price in less than 24 hours...."whatever it takes to make a deal!"
      Yeah...keep 'em coming! After what you have been through this year I would say that "FACT NUMBER ONE" is that you are doing better. we are thankful that you are still here to contribute to the forum. Some of these Christmas facts may generate more responses than others, but don't assume it is a lack of interest. It could be that in some instances, you have "said it all" with your presentation.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I read them all and anticipate a new one every time I log on. Actually, I have visited the forum just to see if you have put a new one up on more than one occasion.
        Jim
        Often in error, never in doubt
        http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Another vote for more! Lots of good info.

I believe I heard the good Uncle's original name was 'Mr. Pare O. Bigsax', after the inventor's maternal grandfather, but in pre-testing they found teenage boys could not stop giggling whenever they played the game; hence the name change.

I think I heard it on CNN, so I know it would have to be accurate.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
          X