Fall fell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall fell

Fall fell with a thud here. This is no complaint, mind you. I understand how regional and different weather is. What is considered a harsh cold day here might be thought of as a mild spring day to our northern friends. However, often, here in the south, the seasons kinda meld from one to another hardly noticeable except for dates on the calendar.

Except for limiting sun exposure, long sleeve shirts have been of little use lately. Yesterday evening it hit. Chilly winds, blustery dark clouds, and snow within 70 or so miles. I pulled up an entire patch of butter beans that had sprouted up from the first planting in the spring. I realized that after the hard frost of the coming night, they would be useless and never mature. I filled two compost bins with them. Even the chickens that go to roost pecking and bickering at one another snuggled close

Time to check the anti-freeze levels in all the engines.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Kinda makes you want to go to Florida! Anyone going to Daytona for thanksgiving?
    Neil Thornton

Comment

High 80's here today. Normal is 81. Dreading those cold highs in the 60's in December and January. Back in the 80's by end of February.
      Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
      https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

It is warm here in Houston & so muggy the fluorescents in my shop won't work, as usual. I am ready for Fall, and we are expecting a cool snap this weekend. I'm also ready for the T-giving to new year ebay season to start up, if it even does this year.
        Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Funny how "in the moment" we can be when posting these threads, especially when it comes to weather. If I had a better talent for seeing into the future, I should have titled this thread, "Fall fell and evaporated!"

For the past several days it has been shirtsleeve weather again. I am doing my best to enjoy every moment of it!
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
          X