Job security in the corporate world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job security in the corporate world

Yesterday, my GM gets a call from the corporate VP; says he will be visiting today. Usually you get this notice a couple weeks ahead of time.
    Shows up today, they go to lunch and my GM does not come back!
    What's up?
    He's received the "Outstanding Achievement Award" four out of six years. Some of the best numbers of any location; what all GM's strive for.

Done in by the "Employee Opinion Survey".

Gotta feel for his wife and kids.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Forums and Facebook don't help either...unless you hide behind a fake name..
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
      Forums and Facebook don't help either...unless you hide behind a fake name..
      Still don't get the point of Facebook. I opened an account (or whatever it's called) just to read a chapter in an automotive electronics tech series. Inexplicably, they put two of about 15 excerpts on Facebook. Also, more and more businesses are running specials exclusive to their Facebook page. So far it's succeeded in annoying people that I never take part in using the account ("why no pictures" "you gotta write something" "you gotta try [this or that] game", etc.). Dunno why for

As for forums- I've always thought 'legacy'- that is, think before you post, since what you write will be there forever, with perpetually unlimited access. Doing that saves me from having to worry if my name is attached (which it is). I started with 'bams50' for the fun of it, not to hide. I'm proud of every post I've made; so if my job, or my family, or my political party, comes looking for my writings, I'll gladly give them the links
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truthlet me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

R10

I'll bet that in spite of the quick process and yearly awards that the issues go much deeper that just an employee survey.

I've experienced this on several occasions, not personally, and the later data showed much deeper issues. Hope that was it and not just a quick corporate reaction which hurts everybody.

Bob
        , ,

Comment

I have to wonder how old was your GM, how close to recieveing company retirement? I worked for a company back in the 80's that loved to get rid of people if they were over 50 or about to reach the point to recieve company retirement benifits. I was a store manger and still have the company memo's to prove what I am saying.
          Sorry for your GM and his family....

Comment

Bob, you are so right. I know that privacy died about 5 years ago but there is no reason to post things that you wouldnt want friends of family to see and read.
            murray

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
            Still don't get the point of Facebook. I opened an account (or whatever it's called) just to read a chapter in an automotive electronics tech series. Inexplicably, they put two of about 15 excerpts on Facebook. Also, more and more businesses are running specials exclusive to their Facebook page. So far it's succeeded in annoying people that I never take part in using the account ("why no pictures" "you gotta write something" "you gotta try [this or that] game", etc.). Dunno why for

As for forums- I've always thought 'legacy'- that is, think before you post, since what you write will be there forever, with perpetually unlimited access. Doing that saves me from having to worry if my name is attached (which it is). I started with 'bams50' for the fun of it, not to hide. I'm proud of every post I've made; so if my job, or my family, or my political party, comes looking for my writings, I'll gladly give them the links
            Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Working...
            X