Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gorgeous car on eBay...CAUTION!...it's a 'Shivvy"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorgeous car on eBay...CAUTION!...it's a 'Shivvy"!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...item3f040e1029

The '70 isn't my favorite year big Chevy, but I think this car is just drop-dead gorgeous and it's a 454. The seller doesn't have flawless feedback, but that is the cleanest, most-original appearing '70 Caprice I've seen since...well, probably about '73! And I was practically living, eating, breathing, and sleeping Chevys at that point in my life!

I love the color...and I can tell you that that interior is original or is a PERFECT replacement.

Just FYI.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Yes indeed, I am a fan of full size Chevys with fat blocks in them, and this is one purty car...be interesting to see what it sells for...in the mean time, I've been drooling over the black 66 Stude 2dr that's on ebay. I want that car...Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I am 99% sure I have seen that car, and it is a beautiful as the pictures say. And I typicly don't like these cars at all
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

My first car was a '70 Impala Custom just like that one (except for the color - mine was Gobi Beige). It didn't have the 454, but the 350-horse 350/QuadraJet was plenty of car for a 17 year old. I loved that car, and I would have another in a heartbeat. The buyer got a real gem for a steal.

BTW, you can easily fit 4 grown boys in that trunk on drive-in night

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

What a doll of a car, and I know those cars well. Wonder what the seller wants for it?

I have been looking at one here in the city of Oswego for well over a decade- 69 Caprice 2dr., factory 427/AT on the floor. It needs restoring but is all complete. Been sitting in the same spot, the side yard of an old gas station, on pavement- never moved or touched in all that time. Tires are even still up! Had Studebakers not caught my attention I would have pursued this long ago...
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

That car is a trip back in time. And I can just HEAR the sound of that annoying buzzer with the key in the ignition and the door open.

Craig

Comment

Hey Bill, thought you might enjoy this one, from the same family and era:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70-Ol...item3cb1e8609a
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

When I logged on here and went to the site where the car's pictures are the words "Bidding has stopped" appeared and the price is a little over $13,000. I did see the pictures though and yes, that interior is really beautiful! I liked the outer style of this 1970 model except for the rear ends tail lights in the bumper design.
                Just my opinion, thanks.
                JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                  Hey Bill, thought you might enjoy this one, from the same family and era:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70-Ol...item3cb1e8609a
                  Bob, same great color and nice car, thanks! I gotta say, though, of all the '70 big GM cars, I think the Chevy has the cleanest styling in profile, anyway.
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                  X