Just in case you Wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in case you Wonder

I will be away from the Studebaker scene for at least another week. Our Jeep engine had to be rebuilt so no Pacific Southwest Zone Meet for us. Then David's Mother had a heart cath procedure and was in the Hospital all week and now I am Planning a funeral. Not a good week. Just thought that I would let you guys know. Company coming from all across the country. The ones flying in get Studebakers to drive for the week. My Mother-in-law was 90 years old lived in the senior citizens Village in Fresno . She was envied because Studebakers always came and picked her up for outings. There was always a crowd around them every time we went to visit. And thats been 25 years that she lived there.
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Anne:

You have my prayers and all good wishes to you and yours during this difficult time.

- Keoni

Comment

My condolences to you and your family on your loss Anne.
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Same here. All the best to you and yours.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Anne, please share this quote with David. I'm sorry for your loss and this difficult time.

"Those we love don't go away, They walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near, Still loved, still missed and very dear. ...Wishing you hope in the midst of sorrow, Comfort in the midst of pain." - Anonymous

Comment

I bet they envied her supply of pomegranite jelly too.

Sorry Anne. Sounds like you took good care of her while she was here. I wonder if there are Studebakers in heaven?
            Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Anne, my condoleces to you and your family.

Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Let me add my condolences, too. Sorry to hear of your loss.
                Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

As always my prayers are with you and yours. My daughter-in-law just lost her grandmother at age 106.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Anne please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as well. I know from experience how tough times like this can be.

I remember when my mom was in a nursing home and we all knew the end was not far off. She looked out the window one day and excitedly called me over to look at the car that was driving by. I was proud to tell her that the '55 Champion was driven by her grandson (still in high school at the time) and he was coming to visit. She looked at me with a sense of wonder that was childlike. Even in her physical and mental state at the time I could tell she was happy about her grandson and that car.

I bet you mother-in-law felt that same happiness when she could to ride with you guys in your Studebakers.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                    X