Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing mower for Chris Dresbach

Saw this one at the Syracuse Nats:

Sounds like a V8 when it starts! For when mower racing goes from just fun to not messin' around!
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have one for Chris too . . .

Comment

Andrew, I'd feel a lot better if that guy was wearing a seat belt being that he is obviously moving at a very high rate of speed. Those 3.5 horse power vertical shaft Briggs & Stratton flathead engines have the thrust of a jet engine!
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Haha! Wow! I think I need on of those...
        I think the tractor in the second pic is a Mowett Mustang. They are super light weight and all engine, and make awesome racers...
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris Dresbach

Comment

I like to race around my yard with my oldie snowblower at winter time . .

Comment

Chris, I thought for a second that the sticker on the front said AARP, but wheww, its just ARP!

Comment

Originally posted by HookedonStudies View Post
                Chris, I thought for a second that the sticker on the front said AARP, but wheww, its just ARP!
                Na, I'm not that old yet..
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

I kind of like this mower.....
                  Do they have a flat track class in mower racing?
                  Jeff

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

ViewItem&item=350405421205&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:US:1123
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                    I kind of like this mower.....
                    Do they have a flat track class in mower racing?
                    Jeff

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

ViewItem&item=350405421205&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:US:1123
                    Actually, yes. The class of tractors I race in is unique because it is on a banked and paved track. Most of the tractors that race are on flat dirt tracks. In fact, my Craftsman racer that I built just for fun is technically set up to run on either flat or paved tracks. To build a good competitive tractor, take the mower deck off and weld on side rails for protection if a tire bumps it (this should be done after lowering the frame if you want it lowered). I also changed the pulley ratios on mine by swapping out the tranny pulley from a 10" to a 4" and the engine pulley from a 3" to a 7". This makes more revolutions in the tranny making more speed. I also started having more fun with mine by adding a racing carb and air intake and a custom made exhaust. To make it safe at high speed, I changed the tie rod to a solid piece of threaded rod and ball joints. I also welded the front suspension solid (The front axles can no longer pivot over bumps, only can steer left or right). By welding the front suspension, it add a form of tortion to keep the tractor more solid and harder to flip over. Also find a tranny with a disc brake instead of a drum brake. (A Tecumseh 5 or 6 speed tranny works good for this). If you really want to go fast and be able to stop, get an upright engine and a drive shaft and connect it to a 5 speed cub cadet tranny with factory disc brakes. Those trannys are geared to go fast anyway. To build a simple but fast hot rod like my craftsman though, find a mid '80s Craftsman to build up because all the parts you need to start are already there.
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Yeah :: But can you do this ? ? . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3zhN...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
                        Haha!!! I've never tried that! The Lawn Lark has too low a center of gravity and is way too heavy. My Craftsman just has too much forward weight. My Craftsman can do burnouts, so I'm sure I could wheelie it if I weighed more. ???
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                        X