X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the Most beautiful cars in the world

2010 Aston Martin Rapide

A Perfect Four Door

The $197,850 Aston Martin Rapide received multiple nominations from our judges. Its "swan-wing" doors (they open up and out at a 12-degree angle, for ease of egress), low roofline and 20" rims expertly give a sporty edge to an otherwise elegant four-door sedan. Other notable design features include a broad rear end and the B-pillar-less sides, which actually make it seem more like a coupe. Inside, a swooping center console moves from front to rear, wrapped in hand-stitched leather and flanked by brand-new sport seats in the front of the vehicle.

Gotham Dream Cars' Noah Lehmann-Haupt, no stranger to stunningly beautiful rides, says Astons, in general, are the most beautiful cars ever made--and the Rapide doesn't disappoint. "One thing Aston has nailed time and time and time again is the look of their cars," he says. "The Rapide is just a perfect four door."

from this link: http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...eautiful-cars/
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Rat farts, John

I'll show you some of the most beautiful cars in the world.

What say yea??!!

Bob
    , ,

Comment

At least I can afford an Avanti.

Used DB-7s are fairly affordable, especially in the UK. I'd be tempted if I were younger. You see them on the road a lot in the UK. During my last visait we stopped at a quaint pub near our friend's farm in Kent. A beautiful sunny Saturday, a real picture postacrd setting...and someone drove up in a DB-7...oh the life!

In 2002 I went to a Jag/Aston dealer in Phoenix. The then current Aston was developed on the XK-8 platform so there was a lot of similaritries, but when you looked closely...especially the interior, the expensive Jag looked like the box the even more expensive DB-7 came in.
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Apperently the guy has never seen a 53-55 C-K.
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
          Rat farts, John

I'll show you some of the most beautiful cars in the world.

What say yea??!!

Bob
          That's why the header to my post says "ONE of the most beautiful .... We all know that the MOST BEAUTIFUL car in the world is the AVANTI and a close 2nd behind it are the C/K coupes & Hawks. Warning Moderator ... the 2nd place remark will probably start a war on this forum.
          sigpic
          John
          63R-2386
          Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

If the author is implying that it is one of the most beautiful 4-door cars in the world, I might agree. But the 1953-54 Studebaker 4-door sedans should also be included in that statement.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

While many of the Studebakers are very stylish, I have to vote for the '62 GT Hawk, (of course I'm very biased). I'm sure I read somewhere when relased it was voted the 'most beautiful car in world' ;-) Oh yes, I concede there are many other stylish other makes, but as the Sinead O'Connor song says, 'nothing compares with you'. Have I got you all rolling your eyes yet? ;-)
              Matt
              Brisbane
              Australia
              sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Hawk View Post
                Oh yes, I concede there are many other stylish other makes, but as the Sinead O'Connor song says, 'nothing compares to you'. Have I got you all rolling your eyes yet? ;-)
                Vomitting, yes.....eyes rolling, no. Whatever became of that Sinbad O'Connor anyway? Did she become the spokesman for 'Hairclub for Men' or did she finally let her hair grow out?
                sigpic

Comment

If it would have reached production, this beautiful 4 door would have forced me to give up my pickup or SUV and drive a car again. My brother and I were both waiting to place deposits, but then the LX's were introduced. No sale!:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 556063 View Post
                    If it would have reached production, this beautiful 4 door would have forced me to give up my pickup or SUV and drive a car again. My brother and I were both waiting to place deposits, but then the LX's were introduced. No sale!:
                    You said the key sentence.."If it reached production....". That is the case of most drop-dead gorgeous concept cars. 99% of the time, the production version is a watered down iteration of it with many of the radical features that they don't think will appeal to the public removed. The Aston Martin Rapide is one of those concepts that actually made it to production nearly intact; even those flush door handles.

Craig

Comment

That would have been the 2003 Intrepid replacement, if Daimler had not killed it for their horrid five year old Mercedes technology Checker Cab LX cars. Chrysler was on a roll, and it would have been less radical than the Prowler or even the PT Cruiser that both DID reach production. That Charger is one car that not only should have been produced, it would have been produced had the company not sold it's soul to the European Devil.

Comment

Good design proves itself over time. To me this is one of the best.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                          Vomitting, yes.....eyes rolling, no. Whatever became of that Sinbad O'Connor anyway? Did she become the spokesman for 'Hairclub for Men' or did she finally let her hair grow out?
                          Vomitting !!!! and you a GT Hawk owner !!!!! ;-) I don't know what became of Sinaed, after a couple of hits, but I think her diatribe against the Pope at the time didn't help her ratings.
                          Matt
                          Brisbane
                          Australia
                          sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

The rear view is the best. Could Aston Martin have stolen Tom Gale and Bob Lutz's door handles? I think this car may have influenced the current Challenger a bit. But no excuse. The hubub about the current "Charger" being a four door would have been almost silent had something like this hit the street. I loathed Daimler executives who tried to make excuses about the four door monstrosity they created instead. I lusted for this car. What a competitor it would have been against Impala, Taurus and Camry. I'll never forgive "Chrysler" for this blunder.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Hawk View Post
                              Vomitting !!!! and you a GT Hawk owner !!!!! ;-) I don't know what became of Sinaed, after a couple of hits, but I think her diatribe against the Pope at the time didn't help her ratings.
                              lol, I too think that GT Hawks are beautiful cars. As for the above posted Charger concept, I agree it looks great...much much better than the production Charger that looks like a truck in the front. Why is it that beautiful production cars are typically very expensive and therefor the average guy can't afford it? Studebaker proved back in the 1953 model year that an average priced family car can be very beautiful. If such a beautiful car was introduced now, it would be by some low volume manufacturer at a price of $100,000 or more. I want a new beautiful car without an exotic price tag!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X