Craigs List Marketing 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigs List Marketing 101

Do you suppose you could shovel the Twinkies, Little Debbie, or Ho-Hos boxes out before photographing the interior? (I am easily amused...):

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1839363052.html
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

It's his way of saying "Floor so clean you can eat off of it".
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

To me it says, four wheel garbage can.

And if thats the way he treats his body, I can imagine the garbage he's been feeding that truck...

Comment

Reminds me of when a friend sold his nice Lark convertible on eBay. He took a picture of the front seat with the manuals (shop and owner's) that he was including, on the seat. I said that it made it look like he was covering up upholstery damage, when, in fact, the upholstery was excellent. This was a '60 Lark V8 that sold for what I considered to be a low price, about $8K. The buyer cleaned it up and took new pictures and sold it on eBay for more than $10K. It was a time when I was overloaded with extra cars or I would have purchased it.
        It is difficult to buy any reasonably decent, running pickup for $1K around here.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I have just recently( within the past few months) started paying attention to Craigslist. I am pretty amused with some of the things that show up. Just this week I saw an ad where someone is trying to trade a Baptist Church for a luxury motor home!
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Does the church have "whitewalls"??? Some churches are movable, you know. In Hawaii, a group of members picked up their church and moved it out of an approaching lava flow we were told. Another one was washed across Ali' drive in Kona one year by a wave and the folks carried it back across. SOOOOOO, this may be a "mobile church" they are wanting to downsize.- - -no?- -hmmm, didn't think so. But you are right, Craigslist has some funnies and some strange ones. We have had a bit of success both buying and selling there, tho', just remember to delete instant replies that are all alike and usually badly worded and spelled, spam and viruses can come in droves.

Comment

The description on this one made me chuckle... Especially the last sentence.

http://fargo.craigslist.org/tls/1838037030.html

Jeff in ND

Comment

How about a Cornbinder called "The Booger"?

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/1840355668.html

Comment

Working...
                X