Ford 2N tractor,another question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford 2N tractor,another question???

My tractor would'nt start,"would'nt even fire" and not getting any spark,so got to looking at things.and could see that the cap,rotor were shabby and figured points are needing replaced as well . want to save coil for last as it's more costly! but my question now is should I go ahead and replace the condensor?what problems will a bad one cause? other than that I guess the only things left are the ballist res. and coil?but before i button up the dist. I want to know about the condensor.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

I am 61 years old and since I have been a kid the practice was always replace the condenser when installing new points. A new condenser can't cost that much money.

John S

Comment

Well now the 2N runs real good,with new cap,rotor,and points! though the reason it would'nt start is a bad ballist resistor,glad I do'nt have to buy a coil for now!
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

2N coil

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
        Well now the 2N runs real good,with new cap,rotor,and points! though the reason it would'nt start is a bad ballist resistor,glad I do'nt have to buy a coil for now!
        Be aware that if you leave the ignition on when the points happen to be closed with the engine off it is possible to burn up the coil. And yes they are spendy. Don't ask me how I know this.

Comment

Working...
        X