Talk about a missed shipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about a missed shipment

I have a Sears Craftsman high wheel mower. One of the plastic high wheels broke. I went to Sears Parts on-line and ordered a new one on June 12 (probably could have found a used mower for less- $50). I got an email saying shipped June 13. I still don't have it so I went on line to check the status of the order. UPS tracking shows it was delivered on June 22- to Dallas, Texas (I'm in West Virginia). The shipping address on the order was correct. I'm waiting now to see how they respond to my email.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Paul, quit being a Harper. I'm sure they will Ferry it West around the world to Santa Claus as he knows where, yes, Virginia is.

Comment

UPS! Nuff said!

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
        Paul, quit being a Harper. I'm sure they will Ferry it West around the world to Santa Claus as he knows where, yes, Virginia is.
        Hey, good one!
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B PEI View Post
          UPS! Nuff said!
          I can say the same for Sears. I did get a reply telling me that the wheel was returned to their warehouse and they are shipping another. However, they ignored my "suggestion" that it should be shipped expedited since they have held me up so long. They also didn't bother to say why their warehouse didn't do something about the returned shipment.

Comment

Seems to me that since bankrupt K-Mart was purchased by Sears...Sears has descended to the level of K-Mart rather than lifting them up. During my last trips to both stores, it seemed that the employees most obvious activities was avoiding eye contact, engaging in group gripe sessions, and clock watching. Not a very good atmosphere for what should be a vibrant retail sales environment.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Other way around, Kmart bought Sears. Don't know how a bankrupt company buys another company, guess that tells you something about the state Sears was in.
              I have bought a lot of stuff from Sears over the years, but not any more. They pissed me off a couple of years ago and I haven't been back since. To many other companies out there that would like to do buisness with you.
              TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

When we needed to buy new furinture for the front porch this year we looked all over for something that we liked that was in stock. When we found something at most places, it wasn't in stock. So we looked at Sears online and found something that we liked (we were surprised we found something at Sears at all) and went to the store that had it on the other side of Columbus. When we got there, the store was dead. Lots of employees standing around, not customers. So we stood by the furinture and waited, and waited and waited. There were seven sales associates standing not more than twenty feet from us and they did nothing to help.

Finally, one walked by and we asked for help. She "thought" she "might be able" to help us. But she was sure that they didn't have one of the sets on hand.

So we left. I contacted Sears and told them that on a Saturday night that they were paying a lot of money to Sale Associates who were doing nothing, and that they lost a sale. Within two days you would have thought that all Hell had broken loose! Phone calls, apologies, etc. I have managers, dregional managers and divisional managers all asking what I wanted. They all wanted to knowwhat that they could do for me.

Problem was by that time it was too late. I told them that they lost the sale because their people on the ground didn't show that they cared for their employors or their jobs. I thanked them, but if the people in the store were not going to take care of me when I was there, what would happen if I had a problem down the road?

Comment

It was when Kmart, during 2002-2003, was in bankruputcy,
                  that a hedge fund company bought Kmart bonds as an
                  investment and then got control of the company after it
                  came out of bankruptcy. Then in late 2004 the same hedge
                  fund, through "Kmart Holding CO." bought out Sears. The
                  combined company is now known as "Sears Holding CO."

Comment

I had my fill of Sears when my wife was out of town and her battery went dead. She got someone to jump it off and went to Sears Auto center. They sold her their best Die Hard battery, then charged her $30. to install it. When she asked why it cost so much they told her they had to take the front fender off to get to it. Yes, it is under the fender but there is an access panel in frront of the right front tire. Then the Die Hard only lasted 3 years. Now it has a Wal Mart battrey that I installed.

She wouldn't give me the $30. though. NT
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

I was on the road coming home last weekend and stayed overnight in Wytheville, Virginia. I need something and stopped in at the K-Mart since it was right down the road from where I was staying. I could could count the number of cars in the parking lot on my two hands and have a couple fingers left over. Inside the store was clean and nice, but there was nobody there. One check out was open and no customers around except me.

Earlier that day I had a flat tire in Huntington, West Virginia, and stopped by WalMart to get it fixed (Saturday couldn't find another place). I saw two vehicles in line to get oil changes and no other vehicles around, including in the tire area. I had to wait 2 1/2 hours! They claimed there were other customers in front of me and they only had one tire tech on duty. Luckily for me I had friends in the area and spent a couple of hours at their place.

Sears is another place that is sliding downhill fast. Their products are not as good as they used to be and their service is really lousy. Still here it is better than most places. No retail stores seem to care about service anymore. Since none of them care about it, none of them have it. Isn't that competition?
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I, too am disgusted with Sears.....previously almost always purchased major appliances and other large items from Sears....good quality and great customer service if the item didn't perform..... Sure has changed.......needed a new inexpensive "garage refrigerator", called Sears first.....was put on terminal hold, and then spoke to an unenthusiastic salesperson........who had no product knowledge and no apparent willingness to respond to the most basic questions...... But she did tell me that someone could call me back Monday......this was Thursday, and I had explained that I needed an "in stock" refrigerator quickly...... I said "sure" and hung up........never did get a call, but had a new unit about an hour after I contacted the Maytag store.. Hate to see Sears going to hell.

tempestan

Comment

I was a Sears die hard as was my dad. We never had anything except Craftsman tools. Now, I haven't been in Sears in at least two years. They will be gone in a couple of years I'm sure.

Comment

Anybody else remember when Kmart and Sears were the 2 really good store chains?

Kmart/Sears.........Studebaker/Packard.................hmmmm............anything parallel there?

Comment

I purchased an expensive set of Michelin tires for my car. I had followed Consumer Report's advice , MXV4. In a comparsion of tires the report ( correct or not ) allowed me to pick the traits I wanted in performance, smooth ride, better on ice, less noise, etc. Sears had a sale on Michelin tires, they had MXV4B. They explained the 'B' on the end was for black wall. I made an appointment for tire installation, went home, and emailed Michelin. The 'B' was and older tire that was not rated for improving gas mileage. I drove over to Sams and ordered the tires. The tires sure ride better than the original tires, mileage did improve, slightly. So, sad to see good companies fail because many employees answer questions they THINK they can answer, or perhaps they have lost their 'give a shirt'.

Comment

Working...
                              X