Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wouldn't you love to have this Chrysler.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't you love to have this Chrysler.

1957 Chrysler Diablo concept car by Ghia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOiTrrEV0fA
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

If anyone is interested in a 1965 Chrysler Imperial, this one is for sale for $8000 or best offer. It's a mile from my house and I drive past it every day.

Shades of the Green Hornet's Black Beauty!
    Attached Files
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I understand those 65-era Imperials are great cars, almost handmade and far superior to Caddys and Lincolns of the period.

I'd love a convertible, that's a great car. Rare too.

BTW: The Imperial Club has the best club website I've ever seen.
      Last edited by JBOYLE; 06-25-2010, 12:04 PM.
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I'd love to have the Virgil Exner/Billie Brownlie inspred 1956 Chrysler Norseman concept car...
        In fact, you can go and get it if you want to...It's just laying there...waiting...
        Jeff
        http://www.coachbuild.com/index.php?...2_itemId=43728
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

All you need is to be a master diver and have lots of money and recovery equipment. All to try and recover what's most likely a rusty, skeletal frame...if that much.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Spoilsport... You just want the easy ones

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
            All you need is to be a master diver and have lots of money and recovery equipment. All to try and recover what's most likely a rusty, skeletal frame...if that much.
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Jeff, when you put the finishing touches on your time machine you can snatch it before the Stockholm meets the Andrea Doria. Then go to So. Bend and work the assembly line to gather information for us here. While your there you can lookout for 2 boys, a certain Bob Palma & his cousin doing their detective work!
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

"I understand those 65-era Imperials are great cars"

I think, correct me if I'm wrong, they were both uni-body and full frame construction. I understand they were dis-allowed in demolition derbies.
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Yes, I'd love to own that car. It and the c.1996 Chrysler Atlantic are probably my two favorites.

Have a co-worker that organizes and officiates demo derbies. Yes, Imperials are not allowed, but the ruling came too late to save them from even more rarity in my opinion.

Don't know if this video's been posted anywhere on the forum before due to my increasing time commitment to remain employed, but I'm glad to see any make's prototypes or show cars that didn't meet this fate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKumq...eature=related

Comment

After my daughters got into watching "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and the spinoff show "Angel" staring David Boreanaz (why they watched), I noticed that Angel the good guy Vampire (go figure) was driving a black 1967 Plymouth GTX convertible. I know its not a Chrysler but I found the car to be extremely beautiful in its simplicity. The 440 CID Supercommando V8 (375 HP) triple black color (ext. int. & top) are extremely rare (only 680). Here's some photos to lust over ...
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic
                    John
                    63R-2386
                    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Working...
                    X