Any Military Vehicle Guys here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Military Vehicle Guys here?

I need some help finding a WW II Jeep/ half track radio. The number is BC-659 and it is the receiver/transmitter for the SCR-610 unit. I already have the AN-29 whip antenna that goes with it. I sure would appreciate any leads.

Thanks, Steve

Could be a dumb question, but do you subscribe to the Military Vehicle Preservation Ass'n's "Army Motors" and "Supply Line"? I couldn't get [6] by [6] without them.

Comment

Originally posted by comatus View Post
      Could be a dumb question, but do you subscribe to the Military Vehicle Preservation Ass'n's "Army Motors" and "Supply Line"? I couldn't get [6] by [6] without them.
      I don't own a military vehicle but was hoping someone in the Association might be able to help me out in locating a radio. It will be installed in a 1943 AAF L-4B that I own. Here is a picture of the radio already installed in another aircraft like mine.

Thanks for your response,

Steve
      Attached Files

Comment

You might have better luck on a forum dedicated to ham radio, or antique radio restoration. Ham operators scooped up a lot of this gear when it as surplussed out on the postwar years. Do a Web search on the term "boatanchor".
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Thanks Guys, I have located one thru a friend that is in our local car club. He is also a member of a Military Vehicle association and knew of one for sale.

We have all the original records on this aircraft and it's complete Army History. Thought you would enjoy seeing this Bill of Sale from 1945 when the first civilian owner bought it from the Army at Camp Chaffe, Arkansas. The plane sold for $111.00 damaged.

Steve
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Avanti82; 06-27-2010, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X