This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Ranger 4 cyl PCV Valve location?

OK, geniuses of the automotive world, if you can answer this question (it's not a trick) you are better than the Ford Dealer Service Dept in Brownsburg IN...which shouldn't be too hard...

Where in the world is the PCV valve located (hidden would be a better term) on an ordinary 4 cyl, 2WD 2002 Ford Ranger? I've replaced hundreds of PCV valves in my life and feel this Ranger I bought for resale needs one, so I bought one. The valve itself looks like an ordinary PCV valve with a 90-degree elbow on top; nothing at all unusual.

But I'll be darned if I can find the existing one on the engine! (To repeat: This is a serious question, not a trick.) BP

My ranger is a bit older than yours but it just fits into the oil cap.Hose from it to the breather I think.Steve
    sigpic

Comment

Internet search says behind the clip that holds the bypass radiator hose below the intake manifold on the 4 cylinder.hope that helps you.Steve
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I'll look there when I get back from Lancaster! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
        X