This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your national meet& u-stream tv

Someone at hotrod magazine did this ,you should buy the equipment and televise certain things on u-stream tv,from the national meet. For us home bound who can't make the meet. Wow that brighten my day for a while.

Had a 50 packard once.

WHO should buy the equipment??

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I think most of us will be happy with video clips on utube.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
      "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I recently made a suggestion similar to this. In retrospect, it was a suggestion that I had not thought through.

Much expense would be involved and the probability that a large enough audience of Studebaker enthusiasts would be glued to their tubes at the appropriate moment is highly doubtful. It would be too cool to be able to participate vicariously in real time but the return for the expense just wouldn't be there.

I'll revise my suggestion.

There are, and will be, many videos posted of Studes and Stude activities. Links to these already abound in the postings on this Forum.
        Perhaps a video link page could be added, much like the members' photos page already existing here. Nothing but videos, with a link and a short description. It wouldn't be real time but it would always be available and easy to search.

Just another idea I have not fully contemplated.

Brad Johnson
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Brad, I thought it was a pretty good idea- live feeds CNN-style over the 'net[8D] But I agree, there would likely be very few people that would want to see things like meetings and seminars live, full-length, on a computer screen. Even the concours wouldn't lend itself to that.

As time goes on, someone may come up with more idea on this front. Bu for now there will be several of us taking hundreds of pictures, and I'll be doing video clips (provided I can figure it out[:I]). Keep an eye on the Forum!

I'll also be doing posts to the Forum as I walk around the Meet on Wed. and Thurs. on my trusty iPhone. I can even take pictures on the spot with it and e-mail them to someone here. This might be good for showing or identifying a part. Anyone game for receiving and posting iPhone pics in real time?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

The old SDC Internet Club did a live feed at the IM in Red Wing, MN a few years back...
            Also set up a PC portal for people to check their e-mail.
            It was quite popular at the time, and that was before all the latest networking stuff.
            It was quite a bit of work for those that put it ll together.
            One issue at the time was the live camera.
            It was basically a still camera and after a minute you didn't want to look at it any more.
            Someone would move it every so often, but it wan't enough to get you to come back to look.
            Tech today makes it a lot easier.
            I looked at that TV site and it is basically another Youtube, but with the option to do a live feed.
            Interesting, but it require a laptop equipped person to walk around with their digital camer turned on, hooked up, and online.
            Might be fun for an hour, but I doubt that you'd get more than a couple three guys willing to invest the time and effort into doing it all day.
            I think posting Youtube links and posting pic's on a forum thread (under the Lancaster IM forum) is a great idea.
            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

I recently made a suggestion similar to this. In retrospect, it was a suggestion that I had not thought through.

Much expense would be involved and the probability that a large enough audience of Studebaker enthusiasts would be glued to their tubes at the appropriate moment is highly doubtful. It would be too cool to be able to participate vicariously in real time but the return for the expense just wouldn't be there.

I'll revise my suggestion.

There are, and will be, many videos posted of Studes and Stude activities. Links to these already abound in the postings on this Forum.
            Perhaps a video link page could be added, much like the members' photos page already existing here. Nothing but videos, with a link and a short description. It wouldn't be real time but it would always be available and easy to search.

Just another idea I have not fully contemplated.

Brad Johnson
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

If someone wants to take up a donation and purchase all of the necessary equipment I believe that the Keystone Chapter can find an operator but to this on our own is out of the question. We have done much and willl have a large web presence but this is not in our budget.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Having done this sort of thing for a living and still having family members doing it, it is not as hard as this thread is making it look. There are hundreds of businesses that record in varying media to make the event available to non-attendees, as well as attendees. There is almost no caveat at all to this with only this expectation. The business doing the recording expects to make some money from sales of the event recording. Most of the time, the event producer guarantees the business $XXX, and if sales of the recordings after the event don't reach that level, the producer makes up the difference. I had only one time when the producer had to pay, so that is rare in the commercial world. In the Studebaker world, I'm not sure. Would attendeed buy a set for memorabilia? And would non-attendees (in the 100's, maybe 1,000) buy copies? If there is enough interest voiced to the sponsor of future events, this might be a viable option down the road.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Working...
                X