Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good tip, Vegas- I find that frequently true with all kinds of businesses that have websites. Check it out before you buy![8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Well now I can finally give JDP a bit of advice after he has always been kind enough to answer my offline queries.

They sell wholesale to trade because trade is expected to retail to the public so you can get screwed 2 ways !

Here is what you do: Tell them you are trade, you do property management(JDP property mangement has a nice ring) and want to buy on a cash trade account. Dont wear your Sunday go to meetin' clothes,look the working man part. BS with them just like your parts guys,complain about your lousy boss/rotten tenants etc. One nice thing about saying you are property manager/handyman is you are an expert on nothing. Sometimes they will even help if you need advice because "that rotten SOB expects me to be able to fix everything". As many times parts guys seem to want to be field guys they relish a chance to do that and be a little superior.

Sometimes they talk about a credit account, I am too busy/too small/ need the part right now but wont you please let me have the paperwork for next time ? Only time I had a problem was Granigers and it was more cause the clerk was an ass I think. I walked with my part and the promise of paperwork..ooppss just remembered...

I have never been asked for a card, I used a former bosses company name and #,now I would just use whatever and my cell. You could print em on the comp if you wanted.

As for A/C parts the only thing you cant get is anything dealing with the freon, like the units,need a license. Fan motors etc no prob.

N8N if you every need a hand at Tribles,you drive me there in your Stude and I will get you whatever at trade ! Well even not in the Stude...

Let me know if anyone needs more info...

Comment

The igniter in our dryer went out and we considered a new dryer since it was over 25 years old. But not wanting the hassle of moving the old one out and a new one in we decided to fix the old one more time. The price of an igniter at the local Marcone a national appliance parts distributor was $38. We checked the Internet. Found it for $12 plus $4 shipping. Not being in a hurry and not wanting to take off work to drive over and pick it up we ordered it about 4 PM. It arrived about 10 AM the next morning. The funny thing about it is the address was the same as the Marcone distributor that had it for $38. Evidently they have a Internet business from the same address selling a lot cheaper and shipping out the same day. Being in the same city we got it the next.
        sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ISpy

Here is what you do: Tell them you are trade, you do property management(JDP property mangement has a nice ring) and want to buy on a cash trade account. Dont wear your Sunday go to meetin' clothes,look the working man part. BS with them just like your parts guys,complain about your lousy boss/rotten tenants etc. One nice thing about saying you are property manager/handyman is you are an expert on nothing. Sometimes they will even help if you need advice because "that rotten SOB expects me to be able to fix everything". As many times parts guys seem to want to be field guys they relish a chance to do that and be a little superior.

Sometimes they talk about a credit account, I am too busy/too small/ need the part right now but wont you please let me have the paperwork for next time ? Only time I had a problem was Granigers and it was more cause the clerk was an ass I think. I walked with my part and the promise of paperwork..ooppss just remembered...

I have never been asked for a card, I used a former bosses company name and #,now I would just use whatever and my cell. You could print em on the comp if you wanted.

But isn't that lying?

I'd rather be honest; and as we've seen in this thread, you can do quite well using the 'net. And a lot easier.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
          X