This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Lightning miniatures

Hi,Anyone else collect the Johnny Lightning studebakers?I need 4 of the "white lightning" chase cars to complete my collection currently.Two are brand new releases that I am sure will show up on one of the auction sites soon.They are a rose colored (rosemist?)57 hawk (2 wheel versions)but I dont know what the characteristics for the chase car will be yet.those familiar with the company will spot them(the ones I have have a white interior so that aint it this time).
    The other two are older releases,a red and black champ truck from the monopoly series that will have a white base and a white game token as identifiers and a frankenstude from the team lightning series that says the Green Hornet on it and will have white wheels and a white base on it.I actually have the frankenstude one but it is opened and all my others are in the package.
    I would pay a more than fair price for any of these four if anyone has an extra one around or I have extras of some cars I would trade.
    I am also searching for a 53 hardtop 1/18 scale spiderman car released several years ago by Maisto.It is black with red graphics on it. Thanks,
    Steve

I've got several of those little 1/64 scale cars, maybe only 10 Studes. I've got 3 or 4 of the Golden Hawks. One of them, I took a dremel and removed the big raised portion on the hood, and took a little off the tail fins. Now I have the only 1/64 scale '56J.

BTW, an Orange Champ truck and a light blue '51 coupe stay parked in front of my computer.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Gary Sanders will come around to help you soon, he is the president of the Studebaker Toy Club.

Chris Pile
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Wolfie,

I recently purchased a 53 Maisto Spiderman model for my grandson..

Can you tell me anything about it and are they a limited production model..

Thanks,

Barry

Barry Leppan
        Burlington, Ont. Canada
        64 Daytona HT 5-spd
        64 GT Hawk R-1/AC/Powershift
        Barry Leppan
        Ontario, Canada
        64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
        GT Hawk Registry & SDC, Hamilton Chapter [IMG]

Comment

Barry,I really dont know.I saw them on Maistos website around 18 months ago and have only found 2 since on E-Bay.one I found pretty quickly after I found them on the website and I thought it was overpriced(and it did not sell),the other was missing the glass and a few things so I didnt fool with it.I am sure they are a limited production but I dont how limited they are.Where did you find yours?Thanks,Steve
          sigpic

Comment

I bought my 53 Maisto Spiderman model when they first came out on the internet. I am not sure I want to sell it.

I also have lots of Johnny Lightning models, but they are at my friend's house and I am not sure of which ones I have. I will be up there, Steve, and see if I have the ones you are looking for.

Leonard Shepherd
            http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Thanks Leonard,If you have them let me know.I know there are some out there somewhere and I would love to complete this collection.When I started it I didnt know about the chase cars and thought there were only 10-12 different cars/trucks.Now with the chase cars,new releases and research providing some I didnt know about there are somewhere near 80 different ones.Thanks,Steve
              sigpic

Comment

Steve,
                bought mine at York last spring...a chap had one which he says was the last one of 6 he had purchased several years ago, I think in New York...he had sold 3? others previously and was keeping the other 2 for himself. In original box, etc...very neat model
                On the bottom of the box it reads 'Marvel,Spyder Man: TM & copyright 2004.
                Barry

Barry Leppan
                Burlington, Ont. Canada
                64 Daytona HT 5-spd
                64 GT Hawk R-1/AC/Powershift
                Barry Leppan
                Ontario, Canada
                64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
                GT Hawk Registry & SDC, Hamilton Chapter [IMG]

Comment

I have the Johnny Lightning White Lightning bulletnose and a 98 Toy Fair edition. Cool cars! No spares though. Sorry.

Cabrina Dieters
                  Murfreesboro TN

Comment

Here is the Monopoly model I have. It doesn't have a white token.

I don't have the Frankenstude.

Here is my Maisto display.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Steve,
                      Your best bet for finding the cars you are looking for will be eBay. If you are close to any large toy shows like Chicago or Toledo you might find a vendor with the cars. With the help of Joe Parsons we print a quarterly Newsletter for toy Studebaker collectors. We feature a classified ads section in each issue. Dues are only $10.00 a year. You can email me off forum or my name and address is in the SDC roster.

Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO
                      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                      Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO

Comment

Cabrina,there are two of those toy fair cars,one from NY and one from Hong Kong.I have extras of either one and a bunch of different bulletnoses.4 of the white lightning chase cars are actually white but different shades of white and I have extras of most of the white ones and a few others.
                        Leonard,that is the regular release of the truck I am searching for.I know they are out there somewhere and really dont believe they are super rare.Ive never seen the 53 conv Maisto car.I have the green one and the red one as well as a blue one and a black one I think someone may have painted up from a different color car.They are holding a new one for me in Asheville,a custom one with weird taillights that is blue with silver scallops.I also have a couple Avantis but not the red one.I know I have an extra turquois one.Might have another one but not sure what color it would be.
                        Gary,I have intended to join the toy club for some time now and really have no excuse for not doing it yet.I will make it a point to do that this week.I have been watching E-Bay for a while now for the JL cars,that is where most of my collection has come from.I missed the opportunity to purchase the truck early in building my set because I was budgeting money and thought another would come up.If I had known then they were an older release I would have grabbed it up and let one of the newer ones slide for a while.
                        I think I am going to take all my extras to Lancaster with me and see if I can find someone there with some cars I dont have that will trade.Love to find one or two of the ones I asked about here. Thanks,Steve
                        sigpic

Comment

The green Maisto was custom made and I painted one Maisto blue over white. I also have the blue Maisto, but I have never taken it out of the box.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Speaking of modifieds, here's a couple of mine...

Dual carbs too!

And my Studillac.

12 volt conversion, just like the real ones.

Matthew Burnette
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

All these guys with beautiful models and I'm still waiting for pictures and a few words to show up in the TW mailbox.

Has no one noticed the new column "Models and Miniatures"?

Comment

Working...
                              X