This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kitchen follies

"All I want for my birthday is a new kitchen" said the wife one day. Okee dokee, you got it! What an ordeal. After waiting 6 weeks for delivery, half of the cabinets are damaged and her frosted doors have fingerprints embedded in the glass. Door facings are split and edges are chipped. Kinda takes the fun out of remodeling. We expected better from Kraftmaid. Oh well, only 6 more weeks.

Was the damage from Kraftmaid, their dealer, or the shipping company?
    Either way, I am sure Kraftmaid would want to know.
    Here's some contact info that might help you.
    Jeff[8D]

KraftMaid Cabinetry
    P.O. Box 1055
    15535 South State Ave.
    Middlefield, OH 44062
    440/632-5333

Toll free consumer hot line
    1-888-562-7744
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks, Jeff. Can't pinpoint the blame but Home Depot did try to charge a re-stocking fee for two cabinets that were the wrong size. We will contact Kraftmaid PR.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rbruner

"All I want for my birthday is a new kitchen" said the wife one day. Okee dokee, you got it! What an ordeal. After waiting 6 weeks for delivery, half of the cabinets are damaged and her frosted doors have fingerprints embedded in the glass. Door facings are split and edges are chipped. Kinda takes the fun out of remodeling. We expected better from Kraftmaid. Oh well, only 6 more weeks.
        Must run in the industry. We re-did the master bath with two new vanities ordered through a local shop (trying to avoid the big box stores). One had a drawer that was assembled crooked so the front was cocked when closed. Dealer immediately ordered me a new drawer. They not only didn't send the right drawer, what they sent wasn't even a drawer, but a front upper panel and it was the wrong size. Try two- sent me a drawer ok, but it was the wrong size. Try three- sent the right size drawer, but it was the wrong color. At that point I gave up and fixed the original drawer (tired of having a hole in the front of the vanity for over a month).
        Just bought six utility cabinets from Lowes- assemble them yourself. Three of the six were missing essential parts. I will say, though, that the manufacturer did sent me the missing items very quickly and with no question.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
        '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
        '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
        Museum R-4 engine
        1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
        1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

News Flash! The replacements arrived early. The damaged pantry shelf was substituted with a sliding drawer, two cabinets arrived with wood AND glass doors and the driver had instructions to deliver half the order to Home Depot and half to my house. Aaaahh!!

Comment

I picked up a bathroom lamp assy from a big box store a week or two ago.
            Bad sign #1:
            Last one on the shelf.
            Bad sign #2:
            Taped up box.
            Good sign #1:
            Showed it to the manager and got a 10% discount off the lamp.
            (Made the clerk write on my receipt that the box was morked and had her sign her initials and the date).
            Brought it home. Looked OK coming out of the box..
            Went to put it up.
            Bad sign #3:
            One of the decorative screw nuts was missing.
            Grrrrr
            (Told the wife to put the bulbs and globes on it and I'd go get a temp nut off of a different old lamp in the barn).
            Good sign #2:
            She tips the lamp over and the missing nut rolled out of one of the lamp sockets.
            Un-Grrrrr[]
            It can be like juggling cactus sometimes..
            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 53k
            Must run in the industry. We re-did the master bath with two new vanities ordered through a local shop (trying to avoid the big box stores).
            <snip>
            http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Just got a call from Home Depot. The cabinets {that were delivered yest.} are ready to be picked up at the store! Whaaat? Last I heard they were in my kitchen. The comedy of errors continues. [:0][:0]

Comment

My best friend used to work for Home Depot as that guy that does the phone calling. He said that company policy dictated that as the order progressed through the computer system, certain phone call had to be made regardless of what went on in the store with merchandise delivery. If the merchandise wasn't on the truck, too bad, make the phone call. If the merchandise is unloaded in a million pieces, too bad, make the phone call. I was amazed at the total stupidity of their system, and he quit cuz he couldn't live with the results of his calls. Where is the word moron when I need it?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I'm at the point with both Lowes and Home Depot that I would rather spend a few extra bucks at a locally owned place than deal with them. Of course the problem is that most locally owned places no longer exist as the big box places have run them out of business. My biggest complaint is that you can't find anybody to wait on you and when somebody finally shows up they don't know any more than I do, and that ain't saying much.

K-Mart and Wal Mart are as bad, if not worse. IMHO of course.

Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                  X