X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronado

I just listed this for a buddy...

http://tinyurl.com/6ygfe2

I'm not crazy about the car, but the pics sure turned out neat [].

BTW, his L-39 is also for sale if anyone is interested.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Ohhhh! I thought it was another thread about bad weather. [}]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009?
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander
    Zone Coordinator
    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

No, that's a TORNADO, not a TORONADO. Funny though, I thought the same thing. I clicked on the thread expecting to see a Tornado. If you did too, here you go:

Mark Anderson
      Member SDC and FMCA
      Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
      www.65cruiser.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

Ohhhh! I thought it was another thread about bad weather. [}]
        ALRIGHT- Dick knows how to spell already... is he NEVER going to live down "Pistine"??

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

I'm waiting for a pistine photoshop that will bring this thread together.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I would be a very serious bidder on this car if I didn't have to pay coast to coast shipping on it.

Couldn't one of you straighten up the spring loaded hood ornament for the pictures &lt;G&gt;. They are supposed to be parallel to the front of the car. We used to turn them to be parallel to the length of the car for slip streaming. This one appears to be half way, like you couldn't decide.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

Couldn't one of you straighten up the spring loaded hood ornament for the pictures &lt;G&gt;.
              Wow...there's a deal killer .

$4500 would buy it Gary. I think that's cheap. It would leave you a few grand to transport it...or fly out and drive it back. Nice vacation.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Wow...there's a deal killer .

$4500 would buy it Gary. I think that's cheap. It would leave you a few grand to transport it...or fly out and drive it back. Nice vacation.

Rather interesting car, in that it was the only E-body not to have a convertible model cataloged. I can bet a Buick Riviera and maybe a Cadillac Eldorado was used as a doner car to make it work!

Craig

Comment

Hey Gary, I'll fly out and drive it home for you for a plane ticket and gas!

Serious offer- I'm WAY overdue for an extended road trip!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

You are welcome to stay at my house at this end, Bob. I'll give you a tour of the Ute and my three Larks to boot [8D].

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Oh, come on, Gary!! This would be my big chance to do a cross-country trip- and see Steinkamp's operation!!

OK, I'll even pay part of the gas....

Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Thanks for the nice offer. With the price of plane tickets and gasoline now, that may cost about the same as shipping and the car would have 3K more miles.
                        I have e-mailed the seller a couple of questions. If I buy the car, I will get back to you off the Forum.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

Thanks for the nice offer. With the price of plane tickets and gasoline now, that may cost about the same as shipping and the car would have 3K more miles.
                          Probably true. But fun to think about anyway![8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Well Dick,

I'm not crazy about the car either. And if I can be candid, I don't think the plane did anything but clutter up the background. Just my 2 cents worth and worth every penny of that.[B)]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe
                            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Definitely not everybody's cup of tea. But they're really good cars, and a pleasure to drive. I had several over the years- no convertibles, but I did have an 83 Riviera convertible, which is the same car underneath.

Here in CNY, they met their demise from the frame rusting off just behind the rear axle, depositing the bumper and 3 feet of frame on the pavement[xx(]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X